Valley of Flowers (With Badrinath)
July – September
We start our trip with a visit to the holy site of Badrinath. We further visit Mana village the last settlement before the India – Tibet / China border. A short trek to Vasundharafalls form here is enjoyable.
We drive to GovindGhat. We start the trek on a steep gradient to Ghangria, the base camp for the treks to the Valley of Flowers and Hemkund Sahib. Since camping and overnight stay is not allowed in the Valley of Flowers, Ghangria becomes the logical base camp for the trek.
First day we walk 10 km from Ghangria to the valley and back. The next day we trek 12 km to Hemkund Sahib and back to Ghangria. Hemkund Sahib at a height of 4330m is a pilgrimage center of both, the Hindus and Sikhs. Its water is crystal clear filled with fragrant lotus flowers, giving it a sublime grandeur. At this celestial height are a Gurudwara (Sikh place of worship) and temple (Hindu place of worship).
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
- Visit to the holy shrine of Badrinath
- Visit to the beautiful Valley of Flowers
- Visit to Hemkund Sahib
- Type of Tour : Treks & Walks
- Grade : Moderate
- Maximum Altitude : 4330m/14,207 ft.
- Tour Duration : 07 Nights
- Trek Duration : 03 Nights/04 Days
- Best Season : – Sep.
- Reporting Time & Venue : 13:00 hrs at Dehradun Airport/ Haridwar Railway Station
- Dispersal Time and Venue : 16:00 hrs at Dehradun Airport/ Haridwar Railway Station
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 04; Guesthouse – 03
- Food Plan : Rudraprayag & Badrinath – Breakfast & Dinner basis; Ghangaria – All meals
- Travel & Transport : Transfers and sightseeing in SUV/MUV.
- Transfers and sightseeing in SUV/ MUV.
- Complimentary Duffel bag, Sack & Cap.
- Entry fee to Valley of Flowers National Park.
- Local guide on trek.
- Pony for baggage.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to & from Dehradun/Haridwar.
- Rider pony can be arranged at extra cost of INR 1000/- per day per pony. (Ponies are not allowed inside Valley of Flowers).
- Any expenses of personal nature such as Hot Water bucket, mineral water, soft drinks, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to porters, camping team, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Dehradun; Transfer to Rudraprayag (895m/2940ft; 154 km; 5-6 hrs)
Reporting will be at Jolly Grant Airport (Dehradun), we all meet here and then proceed further to Rudraprayag. Overnight stay at hotel in Rudraprayag.
Rudraprayag – Badrinath (3300m/10830ft.; 157 km; 5 - 6 hrs)
Post breakfast, drive to Badrinath. Overnight stay in a hotel in Badrinath.
Badrinath - Excursion Mana village (3200m/10,499ft.; 3 km) & Vasundhara waterfalls & back (3660m/12,000 ft.; 6 km; 2-3 hrs oneway)
Post breakfast we do an excursion to Mana village. Mana is the last village before the Mana Pass which is the border of India and Tibet/China. We trek till beautiful Vasundhara falls and back to Badrinath. Overnight stay in a hotel in Badrinath.
Badrinath – Govind Ghat (1800m/5906 ft.; 25 km 1-2 hrs); Trek to Ghangria (3100m/10,171 ft.; 12 km; 6-7 hrs)
After breakfast we drive to Govind Ghat. We further travel by local jeep to Pulana (2 km; approx. 10 min.). We start the trek of 12 km to Ghangaria. Ahead it passes through some thick forest of oak, chestnut and bamboo. Dinner and overnight stay in a guesthouse at Ghangria.
Other options available:
- Ponies are available from Govind Ghat to Ghangaria (approx. Rs. 1000/- per pony, oneway; approx 3-4 hrs).
- Helicopter is available from Govind Ghat to Ghangaria (approx. Rs. 3500/- per person, oneway; 4-5 min. flying time); The Helicopter ride is subject to weather conditions.
Ghangria – Excursion to Valley of Flowers & back (3800m/12,468 ft.; 10 km; 5- 6 hrs both ways)
Post breakfast we start for the entrance of Bhyundar Valley (or the Valley of Flowers). The Bhyundar Valley is a glacial valley about 10 km long and 2 km wide and extends from approx. 3650m to 3950m. In the month of August one can come across meadows with an abundance of primilas, anemones, saxifrages, asters, gentians, delphiniums, etc. It is enclosed by Nar Parbat, Nilgiri Parbat, Rataban, Ghori Parbat peaks. Dinner and overnight stay in a guesthouse at Ghangaria.
Ghangaria – Excursion to Hemkund Sahib & back (4330m/14,207 ft; 14 km; 8-10 hrs both ways)
Post breakfast we start towards Hemkund Sahib. The trail climbs steeply beyond the tree line. Dinner and overnight stay in a guesthouse at Ghangaria.
Ghangria – Govindghat (14 km; 5-6 hrs trek); Drive to Rudraprayag (133 km; 4-5 hrs)
Overnight stay in a hotel at Rudraprayag.
Rudraprayag – Dehradun (164 km; 5-6 hrs); Final Departure
Post breakfast drive to Dehradun Airport, final departure.
End of arrangements…
Accommodation & Food:
- Rudraprayag & Badrinath: In a hotel on twin sharing basis; Breakfast & Dinner basis.
- Ghangaria: In a Classic hotel on twin sharing basis; All meals included.