Trek to Bagini Glacier
14th June to 23rd June 2019
Starting from INR 61,650/- per person
Dhauli Ganga Valley in Garhwal lies in the uppermost parts of the Higher Himalyan Crystalline of Great Himalaya. We start our trek from a small village Jumna near the Indo–Tibet border, which lies in the Dhauli Ganga Valley of Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve. While reaching Jumna we follow the river Dhauli Ganga which is one of the six sources of Ganges.
On this trek we will make an excursion to Bagini Glacier and from here we will have great views of some of the Himalayan peaks like Trishul (7074 mts), Hardeol (7161 mts), Changabang (6864 mts), Dunagiri (7066), etc.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeGroup Departures
Activity Level Moderate Plus
- Excursion to the Bagini Glacier
- Enjoy the amazing views from View Point
- View of several Himalayan peaks including the majestic Nanda Devi Peak
- Type of Tour : Treks and Walks
- Grade : Moderate +
- Max Altitude : 5000m/16,400 ft.
- Total Duration : 09 nights / 10 days
- Trek Duration : 05 Nights / 06 Days
- Tour Date : 14th June to 23rd June 2019
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 04, Camping – 06
- Travel & Transport : Transfers and sightseeing in SUV/MUV
Arrival in Dehradun/Haridwar; Drive to Rudraprayag (750m/2461 ft; 160 km; 5-6 hrs)
Arrival at Dehradun / Haridwar. Transfer to Rudraprayag via Devprayag, confluence of Bhagirathi & Alaknanda River, from here the holy Ganges starts. Check into a hotel. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Rudraprayag.
Rudraprayag – Auli (2750m/9020 ft; 123 km; 4-5 hrs.)
Post breakfast we drive to Auli via Karnaprayag and Joshimath. Stay in hotel. This is a very scenic drive along the Alaknanda River. A steep climb after Birahi will lead us to Pipalkoti and Auli. Auli is known for Ski station and best views of Nanda Devi peak and many other Himalayan peaks. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Auli.
This day is free for rest & relaxation. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Auli.
Auli – Jumma (45 km; 2 hrs); Trek to Ruing Village (2700m/8859 ft.; 3 km; 2 hrs.)
After breakfast, we will drive to Jumma by jeep and from here begin our trekking to Ruing Village. Overnight stay at Ruing Village. Ruing is a tiny village with the view of Dhouliganga and surrounding mountains. Dinner and overnight stay in Camp at Ruing.
Ruing Village - Dronagiri Village (3610m/11,844 ft.; 8 km; 4-5 hrs.)
This is a very scenic trek passing through Dronagiri gorge with few steep ascents. Dronagiri village is one of the highest villages in Uttarakhand and perhaps also the home of permanent habitat of Tibetan Yaks. From Dronagiri village we can see east Dunagiri peak and Dhauliganaga valley on the other side. Dinner and overnight stay in Camp at Dronagiri village.
Dronagiri Village – Toli (4000m/13,124 ft.; 8 km; 4-5 hrs.)
After breakfast, we will start with a gradual climb followed by crossing a bridge on Dunagiri River, follow the true right bank and further a steep ascent to Toli. Dinner and overnight stay at Camp in Toli.
Toli - Bagini Glacier Base Camp (4400m/14,436 ft.; 6 km; 3 hrs.)
A steep climb followed by moraine walk will lead us to famous Bagini glacier. We can see Dunagiri east, Saif Minal, Garur peak from this day. Find the suitable camp ground on the moraine. Dinner and overnight stay in Camp at Bagini Glacier Base Camp.
: Bagini Glacier Base Camp - Bagini Glacier/ABC & back to Toli (12 km; 5-6 hrs. return trek)
After early morning breakfast, we will leave for Changbang Base Camp from Bagini Base Camp. This is the best day to see Changbang, Kalanka peaks from the edge of Bagini glacier ABC. We can also see Rishik Kund from the moraine. Afternoon return to Toli. Dinner and overnight stay at Camp in Toli.
Toli - Ruing – Tolma (17 km; 6-7 hrs.); Drive to Rudraprayag (146 km; 5-6 hrs.)
Trek downhill mostly by following the same route, we will return back to Tolma Village. Board our waiting vehicles and drive to Rudraprayag for night stay in Hotel. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Rudraprayag.
Rudraprayag - Haridwar/Dehradun (160 km; 5 hrs.)
Drive down to Jollygrant/Haridwar via Rishikesh. Final departure
Auli: In a hotel on twin sharing basis. All meals included
• On the trek: In small camping tents on twin sharing basis; All meals included.
• Rudraprayag: In a hotel on twin sharing basis; All meals included.
This trek involves walking for 4-5 hours daily at an easy pace and more on a few days; and is recommended for people with a good level of physical fitness. We do not recommend this tour to people with chronic problems like epilepsy and those related to blood pressure or heart.
It’s mandatory that all the participants carry a valid photo id., (Driving License, Voter Id., Passport or Adhar Card) for the issuance of permits and 02 passport size photographs.
• For accompanying children above 12 yrs (who do not have a Passport or Adhar Card), it’s mandatory to carry the School Id. Card/College Id. Card along with 02 passport size photographs.
Day temperatures average between 15ºC – 20ºC and night temperatures can drop to below 5 ºC. However, the temperatures would vary a lot depending on the season and altitude.
- This trek is a high-altitude trek and the maximum height gain will be approx. 4400m. Acute mountain sickness (AMS) can be caused due to high altitudes. The AMS may be avoided by taking precautions given in the document attached on high altitudes, please read the document carefully. The high altitude can cause Acute Mountain Sickness and may lead to serious critical medical conditions such as cerebral or pulmonary edema.The weather can change dramatically causing rain, thunder storm, flash floods, cloud burst, snow fall and severe drop in temperatures, causing severe physical hardships.
- Sleeping bag and Feather jackets can be hired on written request in advance at least 10 days prior to date of reporting. The same will be provided on arrival at reporting hotel. Rentals for Sleeping Bag & Feather Jacket is INR 100/- per day each plus INR 100/- each for laundry
- If the member wishes to hire a porter so that he can walk along with the client, then an extra porter can be arranged on the spot for which the client must make the extra payment. The cost for an extra porter will be INR 800/- per day.