Valley of Flowers
10th Aug to 16th Aug 2019
Starting from INR 42,900/- per person
We start our trip from Dehradun / Haridwar and travel via Rudraprayag & Joshimath to reach Govind Ghat. From here we start the trek on a steep gradient to Ghangria, the base camp for the treks to the Valley of Flowers and Hemkund Sahib. Since camping and overnight stay is not allowed in the Valley of Flowers, Ghangria becomes the logical base camp for the trek.
The first day we walk 10 km from Ghangria to the valley and back. The next day we trek 12 km to Hemkund Sahib and back to Ghangria. Hemkund Sahib at a height of 4330m is a pilgrimage center of both, the Hindus and Sikhs. Its water is crystal clear filled with fragrant lotus flowers, giving it a sublime grandeur. At this celestial height are a Gurudwara (Sikh place of worship) and temple (Hindu place of worship).
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeGroup Departures
Activity Level Soft Plus
Group Size Medium Group
- Visit to the beautiful Valley of Flowers
- Visit to Hemkund Sahib
- Type of Tour: Treks & Walks
- Grade: Soft +
- Maximum Altitude: 4330m/14,207 ft.
- Tour Duration: 06 Nights
- Trek Duration: 03 Nights/04 Days
- Tour Date: 10-Aug-2019 to 16-Aug-2019
- Reporting Time & Venue : 13:00 hrs at Dehradun Airport/ Haridwar Railway Station
- Dispersal Time and Venue : 16:00 hrs at Dehradun Airport/ Haridwar Railway Station
- Accommodation (Nights): Hotel – 03; Guesthouse – 03
- Food Plan: All meals including lunch on day 01 to lunch on day 07.
- Travel & Transport: Transfers and sightseeing in SUV/MUV.
- Requisite Group Size: 12 pax
Day 1 (12-Aug-2018)
Arrival in Dehradun; Transfer to Rudraprayag (895m/2940ft; 154 km; 5-6 hrs)
Reporting will be at Jolly Grant Airport (Dehradun), we all meet here and then proceed further to Rudraprayag. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Rudraprayag.
Day 2 (13-Aug-2018)
Rudraprayag – Govind Ghat (1800m/5906 ft.; 132 km; 5-6 hrs)
Post breakfast, drive to Govind Ghat. Dinner and overnight stay in a hotel in Govind Ghat.
Day 3 (14-Aug-2018)
Trek to Ghangria (3100m/10,171 ft.; 14 km; 6-7 hrs)
After Breakfast, we travel by local jeep to Pulana (2 km; approx. 10 min.). We start the trek of 12 km to Ghangaria. Ahead it passes through some thick forest of oak, chestnut and bamboo. Dinner and overnight stay in a guesthouse at Ghangria.
Other options available:
- Ponies are available from Govind Ghat to Ghangaria (approx. Rs. 1000/- per pony; approx 3-4 hrs)
- Helicopter is available from Govind Ghat to Ghangaria (approx. Rs. 3500/- per person, oneway; 4-5 min. flying time); The Helicopter ride is subject to weather conditions.
Day 4 (15-Aug-2018)
Ghangria – Excursion to Valley of Flowers & back (3800m/12,468 ft.; 10 km; 5-6 hrs both ways)
Post breakfast we start for the entrance of Bhyundar Valley (or the Valley of Flowers). The Bhyundar Valley is a glacial valley about 10 km long and 2 km wide and extends from approx. 3650m to 3950m. In the month of August, one can come across meadows with an abundance of primilas, anemones, saxifrages, asters, gentians, delphiniums, etc. It is enclosed by Nar Parbat, Nilgiri Parbat, Rataban, Ghori Parbat peaks. Dinner and overnight stay in a guesthouse at Ghangaria.
Day 5 (16-Aug-2018)
Ghangaria – Excursion to Hemkund Sahib & back (4330m/14,207 ft; 14 km; 8-10 hrs both ways)
Post breakfast we start towards Hemkund Sahib. The trail climbs steeply beyond the tree line. Dinner and overnight stay in a guesthouse at Ghangaria.
Day 6 (17-Aug-2018)
Ghangria – Govindghat (14 km; 5-6 hrs trek); Drive to Rudraprayag (133 km; 4-5 hrs)
Dinner and overnight stay in a hotel at Rudraprayag.
Day 7 (18-Aug-2018)
Rudraprayag – Dehradun (180 km; 6-7 hrs); Final Departure
Post breakfast drive to Dehradun, final departure.
Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 03; Guesthouse – 03
Rudraprayag: In a premium category hotel on twin sharing basis.
Govind Ghat: In a classic category hotel on twin sharing basis.
Ghangaria: In a basic hotel on twin sharing basis.
- Food: All meals including lunch on day 01 to lunch on day 07. Meals include breakfast, lunch & dinner only.
- Travel: Transfers and sightseeing in SUV/ MUV.
- Complimentary Duffel bag, Sack & Cap.
- Entry fee to Valley of Flowers National Park.
- Pony for personal baggage.
- Naturalist guide for Valley of Flowers walk.
- One experienced Tour Leader from “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.”.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable
- Travel to & from Dehradun/Haridwar.
- Rider pony can be arranged at extra cost of INR 1000/- per day per pony. (Ponies are not allowed inside Valley of Flowers).
- Any expenses of personal nature such as Hot Water bucket, mineral water, soft drinks, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to porters, camping team, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or for independent small groups you can check our packages.
Air: Dehradun is the closest airport in Uttarakhand. Scheduled flights operate to and from Delhi.
Delhi – Haridwar
12017 Dehradun Shatabdi: Departing from New Delhi station at 0650 hrs. Arrival in Haridwar at 1125 hrs
12055 DDN Janshatabdi: Departing from New Delhi station at 1525 hrs. Arrival in Haridwar at 1935 hrs.
Haridwar – Delhi
12018 Dehradun Shatabdi: Departing from Haridwar station at 1813 hrs. Arrival in New Delhi at 2245 hrs
12056 NDLS Janshatabdi: Departing from Haridwar station at 0625 hrs. Arrival in New Delhi at 1110 hrs
There are night trains options available as well.
Dehradun – Haridwar is 43 km
Delhi – Haridwar is 220 km
Land Travel (within Uttarakhand):
The long mountainous journey is very scenic but roads are winding and can be bumpy sometimes. The area is prone to landslides. However, the journey is usually safe.
This trek involves walking for 4-5 hours daily at an easy pace and is recommended for people with a good level of physical fitness. We do not recommend this tour to people with chronic problems like epilepsy and those related to blood pressure or heart.
- It’s mandatory that all the participants carry a valid photo id., (Driving License, Voter Id., Passport or Adhar Card) for issuance of permits and 02 passport size photographs.
- For accompanying children above 12 yrs. (who do not have a Passport or Adhar Card), it’s mandatory to carry the School Id. Card/College Id. Card along with 02 passport size photographs.
If the member wishes to hire a porter so that he can walk along with the client, then an extra porter can be arranged on the spot for which the client must make the extra payment. The cost for an extra porter will be INR 1300/-per day.
Day temperatures average between 15ºC – 20ºC and night temperatures can drop to below 5 ºC. However, the temperatures would vary a lot depending on the season and altitude.
This trek is a high altitude trek and the maximum height gain will be approx. 4330m. Acute mountain sickness (AMS) can be caused due to high altitudes. The AMS may be avoided by taking precautions given in the document attached on high altitudes, please read the document carefully. The high altitude can cause Acute Mountain Sickness and may lead to serious critical medical conditions such as cerebral or pulmonary edema.
The weather can change dramatically causing rain, thunder storm, flash floods, cloud burst, snow fall and severe drop in temperatures, causing severe physical hardships.
- Sleeping bag and Feather jackets can be hired on written request in advance atleast 10 days prior to date of reporting. The same will be provided on arrival at reporting hotel. Rentals for Sleeping Bag & Feather Jacket is INR 100/- per day each plus INR 100/- each for laundry.
- In Ghangria, Classic category hotel, hot water is provided in bucket.