Explore Dharamshala & Dalhousie
April – May & September – October
We start our tour in Amritsar with a visit to the Wagah Border and immerse ourselves in the divine splendour of the Golden Temple. The regions of Kangra and Chamba in Himachal Pradesh nestled in the Pir Panjal Range of Himalayas, offer beautiful views of the snow clad peaks. On this tour we visit the famous hill station of Dalhousie, trek around Dharamshala, Triund, Mcleodganj, visit sanctuaries of Kalatop Khajjiar and conclude our tour at Chandigarh.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
- Golden Temple & Wagah Border in Amritsar
- Short hikes to Chamba Jot & Triund; visit Kalatop & Khajiar
- Type of Tour : Road Trip
- Grade : Moderate
- Maximum Altitude : 3000m/9843 ft.
- Tour Duration : 07 Nights
- Best Season : – May & Sep. – Oct.
- Ex-Destination : Starts – Amritsar; Ends – Chandigarh
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotels – 06, Camping – 01
- Food Plan : Triund – All meals included, Hotels – Breakfast & Dinner basis.
- Travel & Transport : Transfers and sightseeing in SUV/MUV
- Transfer and sightseeing in SUV/MUV.
- Complimentary Sack & Cap.
- One local guide on the short hikes on Day 03, 04, 05 & 07.
- One local guide on Triund trek.
- Necessary portage and camping equipment for the trek.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to Amritsar & from Chandigarh.
- Monument visit fees.
- Yoga session
- Cooking class session
- Horse ride
- Thangka Painting Workshop at Norbulingka
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to porters, camping team, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Amritsar
Arrive in Amritsar airport and transfer to Hotel. In the afternoon we visit the Indo-Pak border at Wagah. Evening we visit the Golden Temple. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Amritsar.
Amritsar - Dalhousie (206 km; 6 hrs)
Post breakfast we have an option of visiting the Golden Temple once again. Drive to Dalhousie and check in Hotel. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Dalhousie.
Dalhousie – Kalatop – Khajjiar - Dalhousie
After a short drive you reach Lakkar Mandi from where you can go (optional) for a 3 km (one way) easy walk to Kalatop. It is beautiful levelled walk inside Kalatop Wildlfe Sanctuary. Once you reach Kalatop you have superb view of the Pir Panjal ranges of Central Himalayas. Walk back to Lakkar Mandi to continue drive to Khajjiar. You can spend time walking on the meadows of Khajjiar, or can do horse riding or zorbing (both optional). Drive back to Dalhousie for overnight stay. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel in Dalhousie.
Dalhousie – Dharamshala
After breakfast check out from the hotel and drive to Dainkund (30 minutes drive) to start a beautiful 3 hours walk from Dainkund to Chamba Jot. You walk on top of Dhauladhar with superb parallel view of the snow covered peaks of Pir Panjal range of central Himalayas. The walk ends at Chamba Jot where your driver will come to pick you up at the end of the walk. Drive (108 km; 3-4 hrs) to Dharamshala. Check in Hotel. Dinner and overnight stat at hotel in Dharamshala.
Dharamshala – Optional (Yoga + Horse Riding + Tibetan Cooking, etc.)
After breakfast drive to Lower Dharamsala to visit Norbulingka, a Tibetan centre for learning and preserving traditional Tibetan art and craft. At Norbulingka you will visit various workshops where you see artists making different kind of arti-facts. Doll Museum and Buddhist temple at Norbulingka are worth visiting. The Norling cafe at Norbulingka serves good Tibetan vegetarian food, fresh juices and cakes. Later visit Dharamshala cricket stadium. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Dharamshala.
Before breakfast, Yoga Class with Yoga Teacher. After breakfast visit Norbulingka Institute, a Tibetan centre for learning and preserving traditional Tibetan art and craft. At Norbulinkg you visit various workshops where you can see the craftsmen working and making traditional artefacts. Later go for a beautiful horse ride from Dharamshala to McLeod Ganj through the woods on an old British camel track. Afternoon Tibetan Cooking Lesson. Learn to make delicious momos. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Dharamshala.
Drive from Dharamshala - Galu Devi; Trek to Triund
Drive to Galu Devi to start 6 km trek to Triund, approx. 3 – 4 hrs steep ascent. Triund is an alpine meadow situated on top of a ridge with superb close view of the peaks of Dhauladhar mountain on one side and Kangra valley on the other. Dinner and overnight stay in tents in Triund.
Triund – Mcleod Ganj; Drive to Dharamshala
After breakfast walk down to Mcleod Ganj. Trek Ends. Check in Hotel. Afternoon free on your own. Late afternoon go for a Koraa holy walk around the temple and residence of H.H. Dalai Lama. During the walk you see Tibetan people walking on this holy trail chanting holy mantras. This 30 minutes circular walk is followed by a visit to H.H. Dalai Lama Temple. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Dharamshala.
Dharamshala - Chandigarh (257 km; 6 hrs); Final departure
Transfer to Chandigarh Airport for flight back home.
End of arrangements…
- Amritsar, Dalhousie & Dharamshala: In a hotel on twin sharing basis; Breakfast & Dinner Basis.
- On the Trek: In small camping tents on twin sharing basis; All meals included. (Meals include: Breakfast, lunch & dinner only).