Valley of Flowers
We start our trip from Dehradun / Haridwar and travel via Rudraprayag & Joshimath to reach Govind Ghat. From here we start the trek on a steep gradient to Ghangria, the base camp for the treks to the Valley of Flowers and Hemkund Sahib. Since camping and overnight stay is not allowed in the Valley of Flowers, Ghangria becomes the logical base camp for the trek.
First day we walk 10 km from Ghangria to the valley and back. The next day we trek 12 km to Hemkund Sahib and back to Ghangria. Hemkund Sahib at a height of 4330m is a pilgrimage center of both, the Hindus and Sikhs. Its water is crystal clear filled with fragrant lotus flowers, giving it a sublime grandeur. At this celestial height are a Gurudwara (Sikh place of worship) and temple (Hindu place of worship).
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
- Visit to the beautiful Valley of Flowers
- Visit to Hemkund Sahib
- Type of Tour : Treks & Walks
- Grade : Moderate
- Maximum Altitude : 4330m/14,207 ft.
- Tour Duration : 06 Nights
- Trek Duration : 03 Nights/04 Days
- Reporting Time & Venue : 13:00 hrs at Dehradun Airport/ Haridwar Railway Station
- Dispersal Time and Venue : 16:00 hrs at Dehradun Airport/ Haridwar Railway Station
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 03; Guesthouse – 03
- Requisite Group Size : 12 pax
- All meals including lunch on day 01 to lunch on day 07.
- Meals include breakfast, lunch & dinner only.
- Transfers and sightseeing in SUV/ MUV.
- Complimentary Duffel bag, Sack & Cap.
- Entry fee to Valley of Flowers National Park.
- Pony for personal baggage.
- Naturalist guide for Valley of Flowers walk.
One experienced Tour Leader from “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.”.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable
- Travel to & from Dehradun/Haridwar.
- Rider pony can be arranged at extra cost of INR 1000/- per day per pony. (Ponies are not allowed inside Valley of Flowers).
- Any expenses of personal nature such as Hot Water bucket, mineral water, soft drinks, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to porters, camping team, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or for independent small groups you can check our packages.
Arrival in Dehradun; Transfer to Rudraprayag (895m/2940ft; 154 km; 5-6 hrs)
Reporting will be at Jolly Grant Airport (Dehradun), we all meet here and then proceed further to Rudraprayag. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Rudraprayag.
Rudraprayag – Govind Ghat (1800m/5906 ft.; 132 km; 5-6 hrs)
Post breakfast, drive to Govind Ghat. Dinner and overnight stay in a hotel in Govind Ghat.
Trek to Ghangria (3100m/10,171 ft.; 14 km; 6-7 hrs)
After Breakfast, we travel by local jeep to Pulana (2 km; approx. 10 min.). We start the trek of 12 km to Ghangaria. Ahead it passes through some thick forest of oak, chestnut and bamboo. Dinner and overnight stay in a guesthouse at Ghangria.
Other options available:
- Ponies are available from Govind Ghat to Ghangaria (approx. Rs. 1000/- per pony; approx 3-4 hrs)
- Helicopter is available from Govind Ghat to Ghangaria (approx. Rs. 3500/- per person, oneway; 4-5 min. flying time); The Helicopter ride is subject to weather conditions.
Ghangria – Excursion to Valley of Flowers & back (3800m/12,468 ft.; 10 km; 5-6 hrs both ways)
Post breakfast we start for the entrance of Bhyundar Valley (or the Valley of Flowers). The Bhyundar Valley is a glacial valley about 10 km long and 2 km wide and extends from approx. 3650m to 3950m. In the month of August one can come across meadows with an abundance of primilas, anemones, saxifrages, asters, gentians, delphiniums, etc. It is enclosed by Nar Parbat, Nilgiri Parbat, Rataban, Ghori Parbat peaks. Dinner and overnight stay in a guesthouse at Ghangaria.
Ghangaria – Excursion to Hemkund Sahib & back (4330m/14,207 ft; 14 km; 8-10 hrs both ways)
Post breakfast we start towards Hemkund Sahib. The trail climbs steeply beyond the tree line. Dinner and overnight stay in a guesthouse at Ghangaria.
Ghangria – Govindghat (14 km; 5-6 hrs trek); Drive to Rudraprayag (133 km; 4-5 hrs)
Dinner and overnight stay in a hotel at Rudraprayag.
Rudraprayag – Dehradun (180 km; 6-7 hrs); Final Departure
Post breakfast drive to Dehradun, final departure.
End of arrangements…
Rudraprayag : In a premium category hotel on twin sharing basis.
Govind Ghat : In a classic category hotel on twin sharing basis.
Ghangaria : In a basic hotel on twin sharing basis.
This trek involves walking for 4-5 hours daily at an easy pace and is recommended for people with a good level of physical fitness. We do not recommend this tour to people with chronic problems like epilepsy and those related to blood pressure or heart.
- It’s mandatory that all the participants carry a valid photo id., (Driving License, Voter Id., Passport or Aadhar Card) for issuance of permits and 02 passport size photographs.
- For accompanying children above 12 yrs. (who do not have a Passport or Aadhar Card), it’s mandatory to carry the School Id. Card/College Id. Card along with 02 passport size photographs.
Day temperatures average between 15ºC – 20ºC and night temperatures can drop to below 5 ºC. However, the temperatures would vary a lot depending on the season and altitude.