Trek to Kuari Pass (Auli to Tapovan)
May – Mid June & September – October
This trek is popularly known as the “Curzon trail”, and is in the heart of the Chamoli district of Garhwal. We start the trek from Auli and slowly climb to Gurson’s Meadow. We further trek to Khullara and finally we reach Kuari Pass. On our way down we trek through the meadows of Khullara to Tapovan. We get breath taking views of Kamet, Choukhamba, Dunagiri, Changabang, Nilkanth, Hathi Parvat & Nandadevi…
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
- Majestic view of Nanda Devi, Kamet, Dunagiri and Hathi Parvat.
- Rare Himalayan Flora and Fauna are found plenty on the trail.
- Type of Tour : Treks and Walks
- Grade : Moderate
- Maximum Altitude : 3780m/12,402 ft.
- Tour Duration : 07 Nights
- Trek Duration : 03 Nights/04 Days
- Best Season : May – Mid Jun. & Sep. – Oct.
- Ex-Destination : Dehradun/Haridwar
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 03, Camping – 04
- Food Plan : Hotel – Breakfast & Dinner basis, On the Trek: All meals included.
- Travel & Transport : Transfers and sightseeing in small vehicles.
- Transfers and sightseeing in small vehicles.
- Complimentary Duffel Bag, Sack & Cap.
- Local guide on the trek.
- Necessary porterage and camping equipment on the trek.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable
- Travel to & from Dehradun/Haridwar.
- Lunch expenses during hotel stays.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to helper, camping team, porter, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Dehradun/Haridwar; Drive to Rudraprayag (750m/2461 ft; 160 km; 5-6 hrs)
Arrival at Dehradun / Haridwar. Transfer to Rudraprayag. Check into a hotel. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Rudraprayag.
Rudraprayag - Auli (2750m/9020 ft; 123 km; 4-5 hrs)
After breakfast drive from Rishikesh to Joshimath. Joshimath is a popular hill station and a famous centre for pilgrimage in the Chamoli district. A little above Joshimath is Auli. Dinner and overnight stay at a hotel in Auli.
Auli – Gurson Meadows (3016m/9892 ft; 5 km; 2 hrs)
Trek starts! Gurson, with its open grasslands and undulating slopes carpeted with rich green grass all around, is an excellent site. Dinner and overnight stay in camp at Gurson.
Gurson Meadows – Khullara (3565m/11,697 ft; 10 km; 4-5 hrs)
Post breakfast we start today’s trek. The trail is steep in places; we ascend around a rocky outcrop to a small lake. From here the trail continues through a mixed pine and oak forest for 2-3 km after which we reach Chitraganta meadows. From here we cross over a descending ridge to reach the Khullara meadows. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Khullara.
Khullara - Visit Kuari Pass (3780m/12,402 ft.) and back
We make an early start today for the pass. On a clear day, Kuari Pass offers magnificent views of the eastern peaks of Garhwal Himalayas, the twin peaks of Nanda Devi, Kamet, Dronagiri, Trishul, Bertholi, Hathi Ghodi Parvat, Mana, and Neelkanth peaks. We return back to Khullara. Khullara is a beautiful alpine meadow and an excellent camping spot. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Khullara.
Khullara – Tapovan (1900m/6234 ft; 12 km; 5 hrs) Trek Ends; Drive to Joshimath (12 km; 30 min.)
Dinner and overnight stay at hotel/camp in Joshimath.
Joshimath - Rudraprayag (110 km; 4-5 hrs)
Post breakfast we board the waiting vehicles and proceed down to Rudraprayag. Rudraprayag is one of the Panch Prayag (five confluences) of Alaknanda River, the point of confluence of rivers Alaknanda and Mandakini. Alaknanda then proceeds towards Devprayag where it joins with Bhagirathi River to form the River Ganges. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Rudraprayag.
Rudraprayag – Haridwar/Dehradun (160 km; 5-6 hrs); Final departure
Post breakfast we drive to Haridwar / Dehradun for final departure.
End of arrangements…
Accommodation & Food:
- Rudraprayag & Auli: In a hotel on twin sharing basis; Breakfast & Dinner basis.
- On the trek: In small camping tents on twin sharing basis; all meals included.
|Place||Premium Hotel or Similar|
|Auli||Himalayan Eco Lodges & Camps|