Trek to Kalpeshwar & Rudranath
March – May & Mid September – November
Kalpeshwar, Rudranath are two of the “Panch Kedars” and popular destinations amongst pilgrims, peace seekers and trekkers. This area lies in the Kedarnath Musk Deer sanctuary with very dense forest and vivid flora and fauna, including Himalayan Pheasant, Musk Deer, Tahr, etc. This trek is very highly recommended for those who like unspoiled nature and greatest views of Himalayas.
The route from Kalpeshwar to the high meadows is demanding with long stiff climbs, sometimes through dense forests but the paths are usually well defined. We see a 360-degree view of the Inner Himalayas. The Rudranath temple is a tiny squat and the small shrines around it speak of a deep awe for nature and its power, pride and humility. Let’s experience the journeys beyond imagination…
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
- Visit to the Kalpeshwar Temple & Rudranath Temple
- Enjoy the walks through thick forests.
- Type of Tour : Treks and Walks
- Grade : Moderate
- Maximum Altitude : 3600m/11,812 ft.
- Tour Duration : 08 Nights
- Trek Duration : 06 Nights/07 Days
- Best Season : Mar. – May & Mid Sep. – Nov.
- Ex-Destination : Dehradun / Haridwar
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 02, Camping – 06
- Food Plan : Rudraprayag – Breakfast & Dinner basis; On The Trek – All meals included.
- Travel & Transport : All transfers by small vehicles or coach
- Transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary in small vehicles SUV / MUV.
- Complimentary Duffel bag, Sack & Cap.
- All permits.
- Necessary porterage and camping equipment for the trek.
- Local guide on the trek
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to & from Dehradun/Haridwar.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to porters, camping team, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes‟.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveler you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Dehradun/Haridwar – Rudraprayag (750m/2461 ft.; 160 km; 5-6 hr)
Arrival Dehradun/Haridwar by Flight/train, drive to Rudraprayag. Dinner and overnight stay at Hotel in Rudraparayag.
Rudraprayag – Pipalkoti – Helang – Urgam (2000m/6562 ft.; 150 km; 5 hrs); Trek to Kalpeshwar (2200m/7218 ft.; 2 km; 1 hr)
Drive 5 hrs; 150 km to Urgam village via Helang. Trek 2 km; 1 hr to Kalpeswar Temple (2200m). Camping next to Kalp Ganga and big waterfall.
Kalpeshwar is known as the fifth temple amongst Panch Kedar. At this small stone temple, approached through a cave passage, the matted tress (jata) of Lord Shiva is worshipped. Hence, Lord Shiva is also called as Jatadhar or Jateshwar. Dinner and overnight stay at Camp in Kapeshwar.
Kalpeshwar – Base of Kalgot Pass (6 km; 3-4 hrs)
Early morning visit Kalpeswar temple, return to camp for breakfast and trek a steep section of 6 km through villages and forest to Base of Kalgot pass. Dinner and overnight stay at Camp in Base of Kalgot Pass.
Base of Kalgot Pass – Dumak/Jungle Camp (2700m/8859 ft.; 10 km; 5 hrs)
After a short climb to pass we will do a gradual trek to Dumak/Jungle camp, a village with beautiful views of Alaknanda valley and terrace fields. Dinner and overnight stay at Camp in Dumak/Jungle Camp.
Dumak/Jungle Camp – Toli – Pannar (10 km; 5-6 hrs)
This is the day with steep climb through mixed forest of Oak and Rhododenron with very amazing views. As we climb higher through the Birch and Rhododendron forest we can see excellent views of Himalayas and the granite goddess Nanda Devi from the top. Dinner and overnight stay at Camp in Pannar.
Pannar – Rudranath (3600m/11,812 ft.; 10 km; 5-6 hrs)
Trek to Rudranath over a breathtaking ridge and flower sprinkled meadows. The face of lord Shiva is worshiped here. We could see many peaks from this place as Nanda Devi, Dunagiri, Trisul and Choukhamba. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Rudranath.
Rudranath – Jungle Camp (10 km; 5-6 hrs)
After breakfast visit the temple of Rudranath. Rudranath is worshiped as face of Rudra (Shiva). We then trek 10 km; approx. 5 hrs through dense forest of Oak and Rhododendron to reach Jungle Camp. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Jungle Camp.
Jungle Camp - Anusuya Devi (2100m/6890 ft.) – Mandal (1500m/4922 ft.; 8 km; 4-5 hrs); Drive to Rudraprayag (88 km; 2½ - 3 hrs)
A steep downhill trek will take us to Anusuya Devi temple. This area is full of Himalayan birds and natural pools. At Mandal we take the waiting vehicles for a drive to Rudraprayag. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Rudraprayag.
Rudraprayag – Dehradun/Haridwar (160 km; 5-6 hrs); Final Departure
After breakfast drive to Jolly Grant Airport. Final departure.
End of arrangements…
Accommodation & Food:
- Rudraprayag: In a hotel on twin sharing basis; Breakfast & Dinner basis.
- On the trek: In camping tents on twin sharing basis; All meals included (Meals include Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner only.