Trek to Dayara Buggyal
April – May & Mid September – October
Dayara Bugyal is one of the most beautiful meadows situated at an elevation ranging from 10,000 – 12,000 ft. in the Uttarkashi district (Garhwal region) in Uttarakhand. The trek starts at Barsu a beautiful Garhwali village from where the trail climbs up through switchback loops and pristine deodhar forest interspersed with meadows to Barnala Bugyal. A further climb from here and we are above the tree line at Dayara Bugyal (28 sq. km) where an endless series of meadows greet us. We get some of the most magnificent and stunning views of Banderpuch, Draupadi-ka-danda, Janoli and the Gangotri group of peaks, from here. This trek is a pleasing mixture of lush green landscapes, thick forests, undulating Bugyals and views of snowcapped mountain ranges.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
- Dayara Bugyal the heavenly meadow!
- Grand view of Garhwal Himalayas.
- Type of Tour : Treks & Walks
- Grade : Moderate
- Maximum Altitude : 3657m/12,000 ft.
- Tour Duration : 06 Nights
- Trek Duration : 04 Nights/05 Days
- Best Season : Apr.– May & Sep. – Oct.
- Ex-Destination : Dehradun/Haridwar
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 02, Camping – 04
- Food Plan : Hotel – Breakfast & Dinner basis; On the Trek – All meals included.
- Travel & Transport : Transfers and sightseeing in small vehicle / SUV / MUV.
- Transfers and sightseeing in small vehicles /SUV/MUV.
- Complimentary Duffel Bag, Sack & Cap.
- Local guide on the trek
- Necessary porterage and camping equipment for the trek.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable
- Travel to & from Dehradun/Haridwar.
- Lunch expenses during hotel stay.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to porters, camping team, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes”.
- We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveler you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Dehradun/Haridwar; Drive to Uttarkashi (1150m/3773 ft; 183 km; 6-7 hrs)
Reporting will be at 13:00 hrs at Jolly Grant Airport (Dehradun), we all meet here and then proceed further to Uttarkashi. Diner and overnight stay at hotel in Uttarkashi.
Drive to Barsu (1830m/6004 ft.; 40 km; 1½-2 hr); Trek to Barnala Bugyal (2800m/9187 ft.; 4 hrs)
An approx. 40 km drive from Uttarkashi to the tiny village of Barsu from where we get a fascinating view of the snowcapped Himalayan peaks.
This is the first day of our trek. We start ascending a trail through pine forests to Barnala Bugyal. The peak, Draupadi ka Danda can be seen all along the trail. We camp on a plateau for the night. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Barnala Bugyal.
Barnala Bugyal - Dayara Bugyal (3048m/10,001 ft.; 5 hrs)
We trek on a well-laid out trail through the pine forests and get above the tree line onto the alpine meadows of Dayara Bugyal. This beautiful sloping meadow is an attraction for skiers during winter. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Dayara Bugyal.
Dayara Bugyal – Rest day
Today we enjoy the beauty of this magnificent bugyal, relaxing at our campsite or going for small walks, exploring the higher reaches of the bugyal. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Dayara Bugyal.
Dayara Bugyal - Barnala Bugyal (3-4 hrs)
We retrace our steps back to Barnala Bugyal. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Barnala Bugyal.
Barnala Bugyal – Barsu (2-3 hrs); Drive to Rishikesh (223 km; 7-8 hrs)
Today post breakfast we retrace our steps back to Barsu. We get into our vehicles and begin the long journey back to Rishikesh. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Rishikesh.
Post breakfast transfer to Haridwar Rly. Stn./Jolly Grant Airport (Dehradun).
End of arrangements…
Accommodation & Food:
- Uttarkashi & Rishikesh: In hotel on twin sharing basis; Breakfast & Dinner basis.
- On the Trek: In small camping tents on twin sharing basis; All meals included.
|Place||Premium Hotel or Similar|
|Rishikesh||Hotel The Great Ganga|