Trek To Bhrigu Lake
June & September – October
Starting from INR 32,150/- per person.
A trek in the Manali region is always inviting. To trek in this pleasant green valley is a real pleasure. This short trek gives you an opportunity to trek through some beautiful meadows and visit the Bhrigu lake located in picturesque settings. The view of the surrounding mountain ranges & peaks from the ridge above Bhrigu Lake is simply stunning. During the flowering season the meadows are a sight to behold – and with gentians, columbines, edelweiss, potentillas, anemones, etc, it is a true paradise!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
- Visit the pristine, emerald green Bhrigu Lake.
- The fabulous views of Indrakila, Deo Tibba, Indrasen & Chandrabhaga peaks.
- The beautiful meadows around Bhrigu Lake.
- Type of Tour : Treks & Walks
- Grade : Moderate
- Maximum Altitude : 4270m/14,010 ft.
- Tour Duration : 06 Nights
- Trek Duration : 03 Nights/04 Days
- Best Season : & Sep. – Oct.
- Ex-Destination : Manali
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 03, Camping – 03
- Food Plan : Solang – Breakfast & Dinner basis; On the Trek – All meals included.
- Travel & Transport : Transfers and sightseeing in small vehicles / SUV/MUV.
- Travel: Transfers and sightseeing in small vehicles / SUV / MUV.
- Complimentary Duffel Bag, Sack & Cap.
- Local experienced guide / leader on the trek.
- Necessary portage and camping equipment for the trek.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to & from Manali.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to porters, camping team, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Manali; Drive to Solang (2560m/8400 ft.; 13 km; ½ hr); Excursion to Anjani Mahadev temple (Optional)
Arrival Manali. Drive to Solang. We check into the hotel and relax. Post lunch we have an option of doing a small excursion to Anjani Mahadev temple, which is 45 min. – 1 hrs walk from Solang. Dinner and overnight stay in a hotel in Solang.
Solang – Acclimatization day; Excursion to Patalsu Base Camp & back (7 - 8 hrs round trip)
Solang village is a 30 – 45 min walk/climb one way from Iceland Hotel (Solang). The base of Mt. Patalsu is approx. at a height of 11,500 ft. and another 3 hrs from Solang village. Mt. Patalsu top is 4500m/14,765 ft. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Solang.
Drive to Gulaba (3048m/10,000 ft.; 1 hr); Trek to Gaddi Thach (3353m/11,000ft.; 3 - 4 hrs)
Post breakfast we drive up to Gulaba – the road climbs up the valley. It is a nice drive through the forests and offers a panoramic view of the valley surrounded by the mountain ranges. We leave the vehicle at Gulaba and further trek ahead through the meadow to the first camp. Situated at the elevated place the camp offers a magnificent view of the Dhauladhar Range. Dinner and overnight stay in camp at Gaddi Thach.
Gaddi Thach – Meadows above Raoli Kholi (3810m/12,500 ft.; 4 - 5 hrs)
Dinner and overnight stay in camp above Raoli Kholi.
Meadows above Raoli Kholi - Excursion to Bhrigu Lake & back (4270m/14,010 ft.; round trip 5 - 6 hrs); Trek to Pandu Ropa (3900m/12,796 ft.; 4 hrs)
Today the climb is initially gradual but it becomes steep in the last push to Bhrigu Lake. The lake has great religious importance to local folks. We go around the lake and climb upto the ridge behind. This place provides you with a magnificent 360 degrees view of the surrounding mountain. A series of mountain ranges stretch in front of you, these include the Dhauladhar, Pir Panjal, Chandra Bhaga Ranges and also the distant Spiti Range. We get excellent views of Hanuman Tibba, Mulkila, Indrakila, Deo Tibba & Indrasen. We descend to the camp by early afternoon.
Post lunch we trek to Pandu Ropa. The name is derived from a legend that the Pandavas (Mahabharata) cultivated rice fields here. From here one can enjoy the breathtaking view of two famous summits of Manali (Deo Tibba and Indrasen). Further to east lie the desolate range of Spiti and Kinnaur. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Pandu Ropa.
Pandu Ropa – Vashisht (4 - 5 hrs); Drive to Solang (approx. 30 min.)
A steep descent through the deciduous forest leads us to the village of Vashisht. Vashisht is famous for the hot sulphur springs. One can have a bath in the hot waters of the sulphur spring and relax a bit after the tiring trek. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Solang.
Solang - Manali; Final Departure
Post breakfast, final departure.
End of arrangements….
- Solang: In a hotel on twin sharing basis; Breakfast & Dinner basis.
- On the trek: In small camping tents on twin sharing basis; All meals included (Meals include: Breakfast, lunch & dinner only).
Minimum 18 years completed.
The alternative available options to reach Solang are as follows.
Air: The nearest Airport to Manali is near Kullu, Bhuntar Airport (40 km). There are flights from Delhi to Kullu and back. We can arrange for the pickup and drop at an additional cost. Flights to Bhuntar are subject to weather condition, so it is advised that, you should book your return international flight 2 – 3 days after your expected date of arrival in New Delhi.
Road: Delhi – Manali is at a distance of 595 km (14 hrs). There are Semi Sleeper AC Volvo coaches that operate on this route (Operated by HP Tourism and private operators). Delhi – Manali by Semi Sleeper Volvo Bus costs approx. INR 1500/-
Manali – Solang (13 km; 20 – 30 min.). Taxis are available at the place where HPTDC Bus or private buses halt in Manali or at the Bus Stand 500m away, from where the local buses operate.
This trek involves long walks daily at an easy pace and is recommended for people with an extremely good level of physical fitness. We do not recommend this tour to people with chronic problems like epilepsy and those related to blood pressure or heart or diabetes.
It’s mandatory that all the participants carry a valid photo id., (Driving License, Voter Id., Passport or Adhar Card) for issuance of permits and 02 passport size photographs.
If the client wishes to hire a porter so that he can walk along with him, then an extra porter can be arranged on the spot for which the client must make an extra payment. The cost for an extra porter will be INR 1000/- per day.
Day temperatures average between 15ºC – 20ºC and night temperatures can drop to below 10ºC. However, the temperatures would vary a lot depending on the season and altitude.
This trek is a high-altitude trek and the maximum height gain will be approx. 4270m. Acute mountain sickness (AMS) can be caused due to high altitudes. The AMS may be avoided by taking precautions given in the document attached on high altitudes, please read the document carefully. The high altitude can cause Acute Mountain Sickness and may lead to serious critical medical conditions such as cerebral or pulmonary edema.
The weather can change dramatically causing rain, thunder storm, flash floods, cloud burst, snow fall and severe drop in temperatures, causing severe physical hardships.
- Sleeping bag and Feather jackets can be hired on written request in advance atleast 10 days prior to date of reporting. The same will be provided on arrival at reporting hotel. Rentals for Sleeping Bag & Feather Jacket is INR 100/- per day each plus INR 100/- each for laundry.
- The long mountainous journey is very scenic but roads are winding and can be bumpy sometimes. The area is prone to landslides. However, the journey is usually safe.