Trek to Bagini Glacier
May – June & Mid September – October
Dhauli Ganga Valley in Garhwal lies in the uppermost parts of the Higher Himalyan Crystalline of Great Himalaya. We start our trek from a small village Jumna near the Indo–Tibet border, which lies in the Dhauli Ganga Valley of Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve. While reaching Jumna we follow the river Dhauli Ganga which is one of the six sources of Ganges.
On this trek we will make an excursion to Bagini Glacier and from here we will have great views of some of the Himalayan peaks like Trishul (7074 mts), Hardeol (7161 mts), Changabang (6864 mts), Dunagiri (7066), etc.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Moderate Plus
Group Size Small Group
- Excursion to the Bagini Glacier
- Enjoy the amazing views from View Point
- View of several Himalayan peaks including the majestic Nanda Devi Peak
- Type of Tour : Treks and Walks
- Grade : Moderate +
- Max Altitude : 5000m/16,400 ft.
- Total Duration : 09 Night
- Trek Duration : 05 Nights/06 Days
- Best Season : May – Jun. & Mid Sep. – Oct.
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 04, Camping – 05
- Food Plan : Rudraprayag & Auli – Breakfast & Dinner basis; On the Trek – All meals included .
- Travel & Transport : Transfers and sightseeing in SUV/MUV
- Complimentary Duffel bag, sack & cap.
- All permits and other charges for permission.
- Necessary porterage and camping equipment for the trek.
- Local guide on the trek.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to & from Dehradun/Haridwar.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to porters, camping team, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes‟.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Dehradun/Haridwar; Drive to Rudraprayag (750m/2461 ft; 160 km; 5-6 hrs)
Arrival at Dehradun / Haridwar. Transfer to Rudraprayag via Devprayag, confluence of Bhagirathi & Alaknanda River, from here the holy Ganges starts. Check into a hotel. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Rudraprayag.
Rudraprayag – Auli (2750m/9020 ft; 123 km; 4-5 hrs)
Post breakfast we drive to Auli via Karnaprayag and Joshimath. Stay in hotel. This is a very scenic drive along the Alaknanda River. A steep climb after Birahi will lead us to Pipalkoti and Auli. Auli is known for Ski station and best views of Nanda Devi peak and many other Himalayan peaks. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Auli.
This day is free for rest & relaxation. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Auli.
Auli – Jumma (45 km; 2 hrs); Trek to Ruing Village (2700m/8859 ft.; 3 km; 2 hrs)
After breakfast, we will drive to Jumma by jeep and from here begin our trekking to Ruing Village. Overnight stay at Ruing Village. Ruing is a tiny village with the view of Dhouliganga and surrounding mountains. Dinner and overnight stay in Camp at Ruing.
Ruing Village - Dronagiri Village (3610m/11,844 ft.; 8 km; 4-5 hrs)
This is a very scenic trek passing through Dronagiri gorge with few steep ascents. Dunagiri village is one of the highest village in Uttarakhand and perhaps also the home of permanent habitat of Tibetan Yaks. From Dronagiri village we can see east Dunagiri peak and Dhauliganaga valley on the other side. Dinner and overnight stay in Camp at Dronagiri village.
Dronagiri Village – Toli (4000m/13,124 ft.; 8 km; 4-5 hrs)
After breakfast, we will start with a gradual climb followed by crossing a bridge on Dunagiri River, follow the true right bank and further a steep ascent to Toli. Dinner and overnight stay at Camp in Toli.
Toli - Bagini Glacier Base Camp (4400m/14,436 ft.; 6 km; 3 hrs)
A steep climb followed by moraine walk will lead us to famous Bagini glacier. We can see Dunagiri east, Saif Minal, Garur peak from this day. Find the suitable camp ground on the moraine. Dinner and overnight stay in Camp at Bagini Glacier Base Camp.
Bagini Glacier Base Camp - Bagini Glacier/ABC & back to Toli (12 km; 5-6 hrs return trek)
After early morning breakfast, we will leave for Changbang Base Camp from Bagini Base Camp. This is the best day to see Changbang, Kalanka peaks from the edge of Bagini glacier ABC. We can also see Rishik Kund from the moraine. Afternoon return to Toli. Dinner and overnight stay at Camp in Toli.
Toli - Ruing – Jumma (17 km; 6-7 hrs); Drive to Rudraprayag (146 km; 5-6 hrs)
Trek downhill mostly by following the same route, we will return back to Tolma Village. Board our waiting vehicles and drive to Rudraprayag for night stay in Hotel. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Rudraprayag.
Rudraprayag - Haridwar/Dehradun (160 km; 5 hrs)
Drive down to Jollygrant/Haridwar via Rishikesh. Final departure.
End of arrangements…
Accommodation & Food:
- Auli: In a hotel on twin sharing basis; Breakfast & Dinner basis.
- On the trek: In small camping tents on twin sharing basis; All meals included.
- Rudraprayag: In a hotel on twin sharing basis; Breakfast & Dinner basis.