Treasures of Oman
October – March
Oman, oldest of the Gulf States, is a land of dramatic contrasts. It is the home & port of the famous adventurer, Sinbad the Sailor. So it is no wonder that the Sultanate has such an abundance of hidden treasure – from the grand forts, exquisite palaces and mystical souqs (markets) to the undulating dunes, mountains, fresh water wadis & miles upon miles of unspoilt sandy beaches. Ancient Arabic culture and tradition sit side by side with a modern infrastructure.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Soft Plus
Group Size Small Group
- Stunning Natural Landscapes with fresh water wadis.
- Chic, Charming & extremely clean White Sandy beaches.
- Modern & Ancient Arabian Architecture.
- Type of Tour : Road Trip
- Grade : Soft+
- Tour Duration : 04 Nights
- Best Season : October – March
- Ex-Destination : Muscat
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotels – 03; Campsite – 01.
- Food Plan : Hotels – Bed & Breakfast; Campsite – Breakfast & Dinner.
- Travel & Transport : Transfers & Sightseeing in A/C vehicle.
All transfers & sightseeing in a private a/c vehicle with the service of an English speaking driver cum guide.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Visa Fees
- Travel to & from Muscat and international airport tax.
- Lunch and Dinner expenses during hotel stay.
- Car is not at disposal.
- Food expenses between two destinations.
- Camera fees.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to hotel staff, drivers, guides, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Muscat
Meet & assist at Muscat International Airport & transfer to Hotel in City. Overnight stay in Muscat.
After breakfast at the hotel, this tour begins at 08:50 hrs with a visit to the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, an architectural monument, then we proceed to Royal Opera House for a photo stop. A stop at Muttrah, the main port area, leads to explore an ancient and colorful souk. Later, we visit Bait Al Zubair museum, which showcases Omani heritage with a vast collection of antiques, traditional Omani weaponry, jewellery, costumes, domestic utensils and recreated urban and rural environments. Then drive through old Muscat, surrounded by steep mountains and flanked by the twin 16th century Jalali and Mirani forts, extends to Al Alam Palace of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos. Proceed back to Hotel. Overnight stay at hotel in Muscat. (Grand Mosque visit not possible on Friday).
Muscat – Nizwa (178 km; 2-3 hrs) – Jabal Shams (89 km; 1-2 hrs)
After breakfast at the hotel, we depart from the hotel. Experience the true sights and sounds of Oman on this tour. Begin by driving to the Dakhalia region of Oman, via the Samail. At first, we visit Nizwa – the ancient capital in the interior region. Stroll through its famous souq where silver and coppersmiths produce exquisite ornaments in front of your eyes. Souvenir hunters will treasure the famous Omani khanjar, coffee pot and copper vessels. Proceed to the historic Nizwa Fort for a visit. Later, we visit another castle – Castle Jabrin. (Visit of Jabrin Castle will not be possible on a Friday). We break for lunch at a Local restaurant & then proceed to Jabal Shams.
The drive then continues through graded tracks, stopping at Wadi Ghul, a fascinating village surrounded by lofty mountain ranges. The panoramic mountain drive brings visitors to Jabal Shams (Mountain of the Sun), the second highest peak in the Arab Gulf region, rising to over 2000 metres. The picturesque setting offers incredible views of the rugged landscape. A visit to the mountain village of Misfah offers a rewarding study of ancient architecture seen in stone houses. Dinner & overnight stay at Jabal Shams.
Jabal Shams to Wahiba Sands (285 km; 4-5 hrs)
After Breakfast at the hotel, proceed to Wahiba Sands. Wahiba Sands is one of the most fascinating and mysterious deserts in the Arab Gulf region. Depart to Al Wasil, beginning the overnight journey to Wahaiba Sands, which is also home to a few thousand Bedouins, who are known to have inhabited this inhospitable region for at least 7000 years. On arrival at the campsite, guests are welcomed by Bedouins, serving Omani coffee, fresh fruit and mineral water. Skilled drivers will then take guests for exciting dune drive. During night, enjoy moonlit dinner at the camp under millions of twinkling stars. A dune drive or camel ride offer a unique desert experience. Dinner & overnight stay in Wahiba Sands desert.
Wahiba – Sur (125 km; 1-2 hrs) – Muscat (232 km; 2-3 hrs) Final Departure.
Early morning, enjoy sunrise in the desert and capture the scenic beauty in camera. After breakfast in the camp, proceed to Sur, renowned or shipyards where traditional Omani boats (dhows) are built. The coastal drive continues through Qalhat, one of the oldest towns and seaports in Oman, famous for exporting horses and importing spices from India in the 3th century. The ruins of Bibi Mariam mausoleum are another attraction here. A picnic lunch at Wadi Shab will be followed by a swim in the scenic sea fringed by white sandy beaches in Fins, reaching Muscat by late evening. Proceed to airport for your flight back home.
(Note: Last day sightseeing is dependent on the flight timings)
End of arrangements…
- Muscat & Jabal Shams – In a hotel/resort on twin sharing basis, Bed & Breakfast included.
- Jabal Shams – In a hotel/resort on twin sharing basis, Breakfast & Dinner basis.
- At Wahiba Sands – In a Deluxe Tented campsite on twin sharing basis, Breakfast & Dinner included.
|Place||Hotel envisaged or similar|
|Jabal Shams||Sunrise Resort|
|Wahiba Sands||Al Wasil Camp|