April – October
Away from hustle & bustle of city life, Sangla Adventure is the most ideal way of experiencing adventure, outdoors, wilderness along with family in the most comfortable manner. No changing destinations. Try our Sangla Adventure instead of a trip to Goa this year!!!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Soft Plus
Group Size Small Group
- Opportunity to participate as a family in different excursions.
- Trek along the Indo-Tibetan border.
- Enjoy the serene and tranquil Sangla valley.
- Type of Tour : Family Adventure
- Grade : Soft+
- Maximum Altitude : 3450m/11,318 ft.
- Tour Duration : 06 Nights
- Best Season : Apr. – Oct.
- Ex-Destination : Chandigarh
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 02, Deluxe Tented Campsite – 04
- Food Plan : Meal plan as per package.
- Travel & Transport : Transfer and sightseeing in SUV/MUV.
|Location||Meal Plan – Classic||Meal Plan – Premium|
Note: CP – Bed and Breakfast, MAP – Breakfast and Dinner, AP – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Transfer and sightseeing in SUV/MUV.
- Complimentary Sack & Cap.
- Local guide on the excursions / walks on Day 03 – 05 as per itinerary.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to & from Chandigarh.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to porters, camping team, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Chandigarh; Drive to Narkanda (2700m/8859 ft.; 179 km; 6 - 7 hrs)
The meeting place for the group is Chandigarh airport at 11:00 hrs. We get picked up either at the Airport or the Railway station and start for Narkanda. As we leave behind the plains the air gets cooler and we negotiate the winding mountain roads. Dinner and overnight stay at a hotel in Narkanda.
Narkanda – Sangla (2720m/8924 ft.; 160 km; 5 - 6 hrs)
Today, post breakfast we drive to Sangla. If a landscape had the powers of casting spells, then the Sangla valley would be an extraordinary magician. Once seen, it is a place that can never be forgotten. Even the rushing waters of the Baspa river, that flow through its 95 km length, seem to absorb some of the magic and slow down to savour its snow-frame beauty. By afternoon, we reach Sangla and check in to the tented campsite. Dinner & overnight stay in a Deluxe Tented campsite in Sangla.
Sangla - Batseri Village walk
Dinner & overnight stay in a Deluxe Tented campsite in Sangla.
Sangla - Baspa River walk
Post breakfast we go for a beautiful walk along the Baspa River. This river flowing along the valley is great for trout fishing. Dinner & overnight stay in a Deluxe Tented campsite in Sangla.
Optional Walks near Sangla:
Rakcham: We may also choose to go to Rakcham. This is a beautiful 4 hrs walk along the Baspa River to Rakcham village. To avoid steep climb one can drive up to Rakcham Village and walk back to Sangla.
Sangla – Excursion to Chitkul & back (3450m/11,315 ft.)
We drive to Chitkul, the highest & the last village on the Indo – Tibetan trade route. We walk for 6 km to Nagasthi the last Indian Outpost. Here we enjoy a picnic lunch and trek back to Chitkul. From Chitkul we drive back to our camp. In the evening we walk around and enjoy the beauty of the place. Dinner & overnight stay in a Deluxe Tented campsite in Sangla.
Sangla – Shimla (225 km, 7-8 hrs)
We bid adieu to this enchanting landscape and reach Shimla. Dinner and overnight stay at Hotel in Shimla.
Shimla – Chandigarh (113 km; 4 - 5 hrs); Final departure
Post breakfast we leave for Chandigarh Airport/Railway Station.
End of arrangements…
- Narkanda & Shimla: In a hotel on twin sharing basis.
- Sangla: In a Deluxe Tented campsite on twin sharing basis.