Mt. Friendship Climb
May – June & September – October
Starting at INR 50,200/- per person
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to stand on top of a Himalayan summit, with a 360-degree view of the snow clad peaks? Friendship Peak in the Bara Bhangal range offers you precisely such an opportunity. This short and tough climb will allow you to enjoy the exhilaration of a summit climb without spending too many days doing it. If you are short on time but high on adventure, our summit climb to Mt. Friendship is meant for you! The climb does not require any technical climbing skills.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Tough
Group Size Small Group
- Experience of standing on a Himalayan summit.
- Glimpse of an expedition.
- Magnificent view from top.
- Type Of Tour : Treks & Walks
- Grade : Tough
- Maximum Altitude : 5289m/17,354 ft.
- Tour Duration : 09 Nights
- Trek Duration : 06 Nights/07 Days
- Best Season : May – Jun. & Sep. – Oct.
- Ex – Destination : Manali
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 03; Camping – 05; Buffer Day – 01
- Food Plan : Solang – Breakfast & Dinner basis; On the Trek – All meals included.
- Travel & Transport : Transfers and sightseeing in small vehicle / SUV / MUV.
Transfers and sightseeing in SUV/ MUV.
- Complimentary Duffel Bag, Sack & Cap.
- Permit fees, Hire charges for Down Jacket, Climbing Shoes, Crampons, Ice Axe & Gaiters.
- Trek Guide on the trek and climb.
- Necessary porterage and equipment on the trek and climb.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to & from Manali.
- Vehicle charges for Rohtang Pass visit or Manali sightseeing or any other excursion besides the planned itinerary.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to porters, camping team, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Manali; Drive to Solang (2560m/8400 ft.; 13 km; ½ hr)
Arrive in Manali. Drive to Solang and check into our cosy hotel. In the evening, we go for an acclimatization walk to a Shiva shrine – Anjani Mahadev. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Solang.
Solang – Acclimatization day; Excursion to Patalsu Base Camp & back (7 - 8 hrs round trip)
Solang village is 30 – 45 min walk/climb one way from Iceland Hotel (Solang). The base of Mt. Patalsu is approx. at a height of 11,500 ft. and another 3 hrs from Solang village. Mt. Patalsu top is 4500m/14,765 ft. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Solang.
Trek from Solang - Dhundi (3150m/10,335 ft.; 8 km; 3 hrs)
We walk at a leisurely pace to our tented campsite at Dhundi. Dhundi is an alpine plateau and is about 8 km away from Solang. The road is motorable but we walk through the quaint pine forest. Once at Dhundi, we are surrounded by snow-clad mountains. After lunch we go for an acclimatisation walk to the Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE) and then head back to the camp where some hot soup awaits us. We have a briefing session about the next day’s trek. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Dhundi.
Dhundi – Noali (3328m/10,920 ft.; 3 - 4 hrs)
From here we walk along the river Beas before crossing it. From here we ascend steeply to reach the grazing grounds of Noali. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Noali.
Naoli - Lady Leg (3750m/12,304 ft; 3 - 4 hrs)
Today is a short day. We can choose to make an excursion towards Beaskund. As we move ahead towards Beaskund we are surrounded by Mt Friendship, Ladakhi, Hanuman Tibba and others. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Lady Leg.
Lady Leg – Camp 1 (4000m/13,124 ft; 2 – 3 hrs)
After breakfast we shift to Camp 1. Upon arrival at camp, we spend the day around the camp by practicing movement on the snow/ice. Get familiar with the use of your equipment. Dinner and overnight stay in camp at Camp1.
Camp 1 – Summit (5289m/17,354 ft.) - Lady Leg (10 - 11 hrs)
THE day! Wake up early in the morning and get ready for the climb up to the summit. It is best to be up at the summit early in the morning to make the best of the weather and get a chance to see some of the great scenes. Get down to the base camp. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Lady Leg.
Buffer day (in the mountains/back to Solang)
A day for another summit attempt in case you did not summit the previous day or else trek back to Solang.
Trek back to Solang (5 hrs)
Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Solang.
Solang - Manali; Final departure
After breakfast, check out.
End of arrangements…
- Solang: In a hotel on twin sharing; Breakfast & Dinner basis.
- On the trek: In small camping tents on twin sharing basis; Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner included.
Minimum 18 years completed.
- Air: The nearest Airport to Manali is near Kullu, Bhuntar Airport (40 km). There are daily flights from Delhi to Kullu and back. One can choose to fly to Chandigarh and then drive to Manali. We can arrange for the pickup and drop at an additional cost. Flights to Bhuntar are subject to weather condition, so it is advised that, you should book your return international flight 2-3 days after your expected date of arrival in New Delhi.
- Road: Delhi – Manali – Delhi is at a distance of 595 km. There are Semi Sleeper Volvo coaches that operate on this route (Operated by HP Tourism and private operators).
Reach Delhi by Rail or Air; Delhi – Manali by Semi Sleeper Volvo Bus costs approx. ₹ 1500/-
Reach Chandigarh by Rail or Air; Chandigarh – Manali / Solang (315 km; 9 – 10 hrs) by taxi. We can arrange for the pickup and drop at an additional cost.
- This trek involves walking for 3 – 4 hours daily at an easy pace and 11 – 12 hrs on summit day. It is recommended for people with an extremely good level of physical fitness. We do not recommend this tour to people with chronic problems like epilepsy and those related to blood pressure or heart.
- It is not necessary to have any climbing experience to undertake this tour. However it would be necessary to have exposure of high altitude trekking. Knowledge and use of climbing gear will enhance your enjoyment and comfort on the trek. We will provide you support and guidance needed for the climb.
It’s mandatory that all the participants carry a valid photo id., (Driving License, Voter Id., Passport or Adhar Card) for issuance of permits and 02 passport size photographs.
If the client wishes to hire a porter so that he can walk along with him, then an extra porter can be arranged on the spot for which the client must make the extra payment. The approximate cost for an extra porter will be INR 1000/- per day.
Day temperatures average between 10ºC – 20ºC and night temperatures can drop to below 5ºC or at times to sub zero. However the temperatures would vary a lot depending on the season and altitude.
This trek is a high altitude trek and the maximum height gain will be approx. 5289m. Acute mountain sickness (AMS) can be caused due to high altitudes. The AMS may be avoided by taking precautions given in the document attached on high altitudes, please read the document carefully. The high altitude can cause Acute Mountain Sickness and may lead to serious critical medical conditions such as cerebral or pulmonary edema.
The weather can change dramatically causing rain, thunder storm, flash floods, cloud burst, snow fall and severe drop in temperatures, at short notice. This can lead to landslides / road blocks causing delay.
- Sleeping bag and Feather jackets can be hired on written request in advance atleast 10 days prior to date of reporting. The same will be provided on arrival at reporting hotel. Rentals for Sleeping Bag & Feather Jacket is INR 100/- per day each plus INR 100/- each for laundry.
- The long mountainous journey is very scenic but roads are winding and can be bumpy sometimes. The area is prone to landslides. However the journey is usually safe.
- Flights to Bhuntar are subject to weather condition, so it is advised that, you should book your return international flight 2-3 days after your expected date of arrival in New Delhi.