Mountains & Jungles
October – May
In a country known for its mountains, this tour takes us first to the flat lands of Nepal. We do a rafting run down Trishuli River and then drive to Chitwan National Park. Chitwan offers a great wildlife experience with its rich flora and fauna. From here we drive to the city of Pokhara, which is not only famous as a starting point of trekking routes but also is an ideal place for relaxation. From here we do a short hike to Sarangkot which offers magnificent views of Himalayan peaks of Annapurna, Machhapuchhare, Hiunchuli and many more…
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Soft
Group Size Small Group
- Rafting in Nepal
- Chitwan National park famous for its wildlife
- Type of Tour : Family Adventure
- Grade : Soft
- Maximum Altitude : 1402m/4600 ft.
- Tour Duration : 08 Nights
- Best Season : Oct. – May
- Ex- Destination : Kathmandu
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 08
- Food Plan : Kathmandu & Pokhara – Bed & Breakfast basis; Kurintar & Bandipur – Breakfast & Dinner basis; Chitwan – All meals included.
- Travel & Transport : Transfer and sightseeing in small vehicles/SUV/MUV. Pokhara – KTM airfare quoted separately.
- Transfer and sightseeing in small vehicle/SUV/MUV.
- Complimentary Sack and Cap.
- English-speaking tour guide during sightseeing in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- National park entrance fees, 01 Jeep safari, jungle activities such as a nature walk, etc.
- One full day sightseeing in Pokhara / half day hike to Sarangkot in Pokhara.
- Monuments charges wherever applicable.
- Sightseeing in Pokhara /Trek in Pokhara.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to & from Kathmandu.
- Airfare from Pokhara – Kathmandu (quoted separately).
- Airport tax on arrivals and departures.
- Visa Fees for Foreign Nationals.
- Lunch and dinner expenses at Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Food during travel between two destinations.
- Camera fees
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to hotel staff, drivers, guides, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1337m/4387 ft)
Upon arrival in Kathmandu’s Tribhuvan International Airport, meet our representative, assist and transfer to the hotel. At the hotel’s lobby room check-in assistance provided. Overnight stay at hotel in Kathmandu.
Kathmandu sightseeing; Drive to Kurintar (900m/2953 ft; 105 km; 3-4 hrs)
After breakfast, proceed for a sightseeing tour of Kathmandu City.
It includes visit to the Hanuman Dhoka (Kathmandu Durbar Square) – an ancient durbar (palace) with its numerous old palaces, temples and pagodas, the Temple of Living Goddess “Kumari”, and the Kasthamandap Temple, which is believed to be constructed from the wood of a single tree from which Kathmandu derives its name. In addition also visit the Boudhanath Stupa – an ancient colossal stupa and the center of Tibetan Buddhism in the world and the Pashupatinath Temple- the Temple of Lord Shiva situated on the bank of the holy Bagmati River.
After lunch, we start a scenic drive to Kurintar via Mungling Highway. Upon arrival check in Riverside Spring Resort. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Kurintar.
Morning visit to Mankamana temple and drive to Chitwan National Park (150m/492 ft; 2 hrs)
After breakfast, transfer to the base station of Manakamana Temple to board 10 minutes cable car ride to the Manakamana Temple – the “wish fulfilling Goddess”. Later ride back to the base station, meet the waiting vehicle and continue drive to Chitwan – 96 km / 3 hrs.
Upon arrival at the Park entry point (Chitwan), met by naturalists / representatives from the jungle lodge, cross the river on a small ferry and get transferred by Land rovers / canoes / elephants to the jungle lodge situated inside the Chitwan National Park.
In the evening, the well-stocked bar caters to the needs of the thirsty and a hearty meal of continental or Nepalese cuisine will be served around the campfire. Dinner and overnight stay at jungle lodge inside the Park.
Full-day jungle activities at Royal Chitwan National Park
Early wakeup call and proceed for an elephant ride or a jungle walk, to view the wildlife in their early repose. This is the best time of the day to see the animals as we silently brush through dewy tall elephant grass (18-20 ft. tall), a habitat for rhinos, tigers and other wild animals. Spend 2-3 hrs in the jungle, and then return to the camp for breakfast.
Shortly afterwards, visit the elephant stables to get a firsthand knowledge on elephants from senior naturalists. Here one can witness the rare scene of elephants at bath.
After a hearty lunch at camp, the afternoon is free for the much-deserved mid-afternoon siesta or a visit to the library for general information on the National park. In the late afternoon, there is a choice to participate in the programs offered at the camp, which includes jungle drives in Land Rovers visiting different lakes inside the National Park, Canoe rides/ floats or an escorted Nature walk and bird watching excursion. Dinner and overnight at Jungle lodge inside Chitwan National Park.
Drive to Bandipur (680m/2231 ft; 119 km; 3 hrs)
After breakfast, get transferred to the Park exit point, meet the waiting vehicle there and start drive to Bandipur. Upon arrival check in at a resort. Rest of the day is free for relaxation. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Bandipur.
Drive to Pokhara (883m/2900 ft; 73 km; 2 hrs)
After breakfast, we start our scenic drive to Pokhara, far – nestled in the tranquil valley (827m) on the laps of the mighty Annapurna Himalaya Range. Pokhara is also known as vacationer’s paradise. We check into a Hotel, the rest of the day is at leisure. We wander around the lakeside maybe do some boating. Overnight stay at hotel in Pokhara.
Day hike to World Peace Stupa
Breakfast at hotel. After breakfast, get transferred to the hike starting point and start hike to the World Peace Stupa. Hike duration: 1 hour. It is an easy uphill climb through a paved path surrounded with jungles. A great view of mountains and lake can be witnessed from the Stupa. Rest of the day is free for relaxation and rest. Overnight stay at hotel in Pokhara.
Pokhara - Sightseeing
Early wakeup call and start drive (30 minutes) to Sarangkot for sunrise view over the Himalayas. Upon arrival at the base of sunrise view point, leave the vehicle there and start hike (45 minutes) to the Sarangkot for the sunrise view (weather permitting). Later hike back and transfer to the hotel for breakfast. Proceed for a sightseeing tour of Pokhara City, which includes visit to the Davis Falls, the Seti Gorge, the Gupteshwor Cave and the Tibetan Refugee Camp. Overnight stay at hotel in Pokhara.
Fly back to Kathmandu (25 minutes); Final Departure
After breakfast, get transferred to the Pokhara airport to board 25 minutes flight to Kathmandu. Upon arrival, transfer to the Tribhuvan International Airport to board the final departure flight from Kathmandu.
End of arrangements…
Accommodation & Food:
- Kathmandu & Pokhara: In a hotel on twin sharing basis; Bed & Breakfast basis.
- Kurintar & Bandipur: In a hotel on twin sharing basis; Breakfast & Dinner included.
- Chitwan: In a hotel on twin sharing basis; All meals included.
- Welcome dinner at Kathmandu.
|Location||Classic Category Hotel or similar||Premium Category Hotel or similar|
|Kathmandu||Hotel Tibet||Hotel Shangrila|
|Kurintar (Near Mankamana)||Riverside Spring Resort||River Summit Lodge|
|Chitwan||Maruni Sanctuary Lodge||Tigerland Safari Resort|
|Bandipur||Gaunghar Resort||3 Mountain Lodge (Ker Downey)|
|Pokhara||Mount Kailash Resort||Fishtail Lodge|