Meadows Of Himachal
April – May & September – November
Starting from INR 40,200/- per person
On this tour we do the classic trek from Solang to Dhundi and further to Beaskund, a very beautiful sight. We then slowly march to Mt. Patalsu, enjoy the trek through the lush meadows at Mailli & Lorala. We climb Mt. Patalsu and take in the breath-taking sights from the top and return back to Solang.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
- The beautiful Beaskund.
- The pristine meadows at Mailli & Lorala.
- The breath-taking views from Mt. Patalsu.
- Type of Tour : Trek & Walks
- Grade : Moderate
- Maximum Altitude : 4500m/14,765 ft.
- Tour Duration : 08 Nights
- Trek Duration : 05 Nights / 06 Days
- Best Season : Apr – May & Sep. – Nov.
- Ex-Destination : Manali
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 03, Camping – 05
- Food Plan : Solang – Breakfast & Dinner basis; On the Trek– All meals included.
- Travel & Transport : Transfers and sightseeing in SUV/MUV.
- Travel as per the itinerary in small vehicles, SUV / MUV.
- Complimentary Duffel Bag, Sack & Cap.
- Necessary porterage and camping equipment for the trek.
- Local Guide on the trek.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable
- Travel to and from Manali.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to helper, camping team, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes”
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departure.
Arrival in Manali; Drive to Solang (2560m/8400 ft.; 13 km; ½ hr); Excursion to Anjani Mahadev (Optional)
Arrival in Manali. Drive to Solang. We check-in the hotel and relax. Post lunch we have an option of doing a small excursion to Anjani Mahadev 45 min. – 1 hrs walk from Solang. Dinner and overnight stay in a hotel in Solang.
Spend the day in Solang
Post breakfast we continue our acclimatization and set off for a trek to a nearby waterfall in a gorge – over the years this has now come to be called the “Countryside waterfall” as our groups have made this waterfall famous. The walk is uphill and in about two hours we arrive there. After spending some time we head back for a sumptuous lunch. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Solang.
Solang - Dhundi (3150m/10,335 ft.; 8 km; 3 hrs)
The trek starts! We walk leisurely to our tented campsite at Dhundi. Dhundi is an alpine plateau and is about 8 km away from Solang. The road is a motorable one and we walk through a quaint pine forest. We are now surrounded by snow-clad mountains. After breaking for lunch we go for an acclimatization walk to the Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE). We spend some time at the SASE ground and then head back to the camp where some hot soup awaits us. There is a briefing about the next day’s trek. Dinner and overnight stay at the camp in Dhundi.
Dhundi - Beaskund (3650m/11,976 ft.) – Dhundi; (14 km; 8 hrs round trip)
We are to walk to the highest point of our trip – Beaskund. We make an early start and within a short while we hit some snow slopes. The group enjoys the snow experience and we play in the snow. We are surrounded by Mt Friendship, Ladakhi, Hanuman Tibba and others. The trek continues – Beaskund is a fair distance away and our reaching there is subject to our walking speed and the weather and snow conditions. We now have to make our way back to Dhundi. Hot lunch will be provided enroute. If we have decided to walk on to Beaskund we arrive at the campsite by late afternoon. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Dhundi.
Dhundi - Lorala via Mailli (3657m/12,000 ft; 10km; 5 - 6 hrs)
Today we walk up to the meadows of Lorala after walking through pine and deodar trees at Mailli. It would be a gradual uphill climb to reach the camp. The more adventurous part of the journey begins today. Dinner and overnight stay at Camp in Lorala.
Lorala - Shagardudh (3657m/12,000 ft; 10 km; 5 - 6 hrs)
Post breakfast today we first descend down the valley and the climb up the valley to reach our campsite at Shagardudh, which is at an altitude of almost 12,000 ft. above sea level. Dinner and overnight stay at Camp in Shagardudh.
Shagardudh – Mt. Patalsu Base Camp (3505m/11,500 ft.; 2 hrs) - Mt. Patalsu top (4500m/14,765 ft.) & back to Shagardudh (6 hrs)
Today after breakfast, we trek for almost 2 hours to reach the base of Mt Patalsu. Hopefully we should find lot of wild strawberries on our way!! Further we trek to our highest point of the trek the much-awaited summit of Mt. Patalsu. After a real adventurous day we return back to camp at Shagardudh.Dinner and overnight stay at Camp in Shagardudh.
Trek from Shagardudh - Solang
Leaving from Shagardudh today we trek to Solang. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Solang.
Solang - Manali; Final Departure
Post breakfast, final departure.
End of arrangements…
- Solang: In a hotel on twin sharing basis; Breakfast & Dinner basis.
- On the Trek: In small camping tents on twin sharing basis; Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner included.
The alternative available options to reach Solang are as follows.
Air: The nearest Airport to Manali is near Kullu, Bhuntar Airport (40 km). There are flights from Delhi to Kullu and back. We can arrange for the pickup and drop at an additional cost. Flights to Bhuntar are subject to weather condition, so it is advised that, you should book your return international flight 2 – 3 days after your expected date of arrival in New Delhi.
Road: Delhi – Manali is at a distance of 595 km (14 hrs). There are Semi Sleeper AC Volvo coaches that operate on this route (Operated by HP Tourism and private operators). Delhi – Manali by Semi Sleeper Volvo Bus costs approx. INR 1500/-
Manali – Solang (13 km; 20 – 30 min.). Taxis are available at the place where HPTDC Bus or private buses halt in Manali or at the Bus Stand 500m away, from where the local buses operate.
This trek involves long walks daily at an easy pace and is recommended for people with an extremely good level of physical fitness. We do not recommend this tour to people with chronic problems like epilepsy and those related to blood pressure or heart or diabetes.
It’s mandatory that all the participants carry a valid photo id., (Driving License, Voter Id., Passport or Adhar Card) for issuance of permits and 02 passport size photographs.
If the client wishes to hire a porter so that he can walk along with him, then an extra porter can be arranged on the spot for which the client must make an extra payment. The cost for an extra porter will be INR 1000/- per day.
Day temperatures average between 15ºC – 20ºC and night temperatures can drop to below 10ºC. However the temperatures would vary a lot depending on the season and altitude.
This trek is a high altitude trek and the maximum height gain will be approx. 4500m. Acute mountain sickness (AMS) can be caused due to high altitudes. The AMS may be avoided by taking precautions given in the document attached on high altitudes, please read the document carefully. The high altitude can cause Acute Mountain Sickness and may lead to serious critical medical conditions such as cerebral or pulmonary edema.
The weather can change dramatically causing rain, thunder storm, flash floods, cloud burst, snow fall and severe drop in temperatures, causing severe physical hardships.
- Sleeping bag and Feather jackets can be hired on written request in advance atleast 10 days prior to date of reporting. The same will be provided on arrival at reporting hotel. Rentals for Sleeping Bag & Feather Jacket is INR 100/- per day each plus INR 100/- each for laundry.
- The long mountainous journey is very scenic but roads are winding and can be bumpy sometimes. The area is prone to landslides. However the journey is usually safe.