Hiking the Carian Trail in Turkey
06-Apr-2019 to 13-Apr-2019
Starting from EUR 1376/- per person
Walking Tour on Carian Trail: Bozburun Peninsula & Dalyan.
Take a walk into history with the Carian Trail. The newest and the longest (820 km) of the way marked trails in Turkey, Carian Trail passes through many varied landscapes with its 5 different sections: Bozburun Peninsula, Datça Peninsula, Gulf of Gokova, Carian Hinterland and Mugla Environs. Accessing to a lesser known region and connecting ancient cities with authentic villages, the popularity of the Trail will increase in time. The 8 day tour on Carian Trail covers some of the best walks along the Bozburun Peninsula. Amazing coastal views, in the middle of nowhere ruins, ancient trails and more await you. . .
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
- Coastal Views
- Visit a few Pre-roman ruins
- Traditional Aegean Meals
- Village Life
- Clear & quiet beaches/coves
- Type of Tour: Treks & Walks
- Grade: Moderate
- Tour Duration : 07 Nights / 08 Days
- Trek Duration : 05 Nights / 06 Days
- Tour Dates: 06-Apr-2019 to 13-Apr-2019
- Ex-Destination: Dalaman
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 03; Small Hotels – 02; Pensions – 02
- Food Plan: 07 Breakfasts, 06 picnic lunches, and 07 dinners.
- Travel & Transport: All transport during the walking program including the main airport transfers to/from Dalaman; Return Flights from Istanbul to Dalaman (Quoted separately)
- Requisite Group Size: 06 pax
Accommodation (on twin sharing basis): 07 nights’ accommodation in pensions & good standard hotels
- 07 Breakfasts, 07 nights dinners and 06 picnic lunches.
- All transport during the walking program including the main airport transfers to/from Dalaman.
- English speaking professional tour guide, Entrance fees to historical sites.
- Goods and Services Tax as applicable.
- International flight fares.
- Internal flight fares from Istanbul – Dalaman (quoted separately).
- Lunches and Dinners not listed above
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as travel, accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to hotel staff, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown, etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes”.
Arrival at Dalaman; Transfer to Kumlubük (D)
After meeting at the airport with the guide and the transfer, you are transferred to Kumlubük (2 hrs). Check into the hotel in Kumlubük. Depending on the arrival time, there could be an optional walk to the ruins of Amos (3 km).
Dinner & Overnight in Kumlubük Maris Hotel.
Hike Kumlubük - Bayir (13 km) (B, L, D)
A short transfer takes us back to Amos. The path through the forest passes by a Byzantine period church standing amidst the olive trees. Gradually rising, the route carries on with wonderful views of the coast. Just before Bayir village, the ruins of Syrna comes into sight scattered through the ﬁelds. The hike ends by the village centre situated just beside two monumental trees. Transfer to Sögüt (approx. 30 min.).
Overnight & Dinner in Suna House, Sögüt
Hike Bahçeli - Taslica - Cumhuriyet (10 km) (B, L, D)
A short transfer to the hamlet of Bahçeli (approx. 10 min.). The stony path ascends towards the coast with fantastic views across to the island of Rhodes. The path continues above the dramatic coastline before heading inland to the village of Taslica. The route than carries on to a scenic Point and descends down to our hotel. Dinner is at a selected restaurant.
Overnight in Suna House, Sögüt
Hike Cumhuriyet - Bozburun (13 km) (B, L, D)
The day starts directly from the hotel. The coastal path passes by the small coves and villages before reaching to the shipyard close to Bozburun. Bozburun is a world famous place for its traditional type of boat, called GULET. You can see how they make or maintain the boats. The route takes on a path again with nice views of Bozburun and the little islets and reaches the small coastal town of Bozburun. Dinner is at a selected restaurant.
Overnight in Suna Pension, Bozburun
Hike Bozburun - Selimiye (9 km) (B, L, D)
The hike starts directly from the pension heads towards a small cove called Germe. The path goes through a small hamlet and starts ascending to a saddle with nice views of Bozburun & the mountains opening up. Reaching the saddle, the route carries on a dirt road and descends down to Selimiye with views of the lake-like Bay and the mountains surrounding it. Selimiye is a small town on the coast and is a nice place to spend an afternoon.
Dinner & Overnight in Sardunya Hotel & Restaurant
Day 06: Hike Bayir - Selale - Turgut (B, L, D)
A transfer of 20 min. takes you back to Bayir. The route follows the stream on a dirt road and goes up on a mixture of paths and forest roads. Reaching a small hamlet the old path goes down to Selale, waterfall. This is a nice spot with some small waterfalls. The hike ﬁrst follows the forest road and then a minor asphalt road to the village of Turgut. Taking a path up the hill, the route ascends to Hydras settlement. Wonderful views extending far out! The day ﬁnishes as we are transferred to back to our hotel in Selimiye.
Dinner & Overnight in Sardunya Hotel & Restaurant.
Transfer to Dalyan; Boat Trip (B,L,D)
2 hr transfer takes us to Dalyan. This is a riverside town with some ruins. After the lunch, we will get on to a daytrip boat to Cruise over the delta. One of the stops will be the ruins of Caunos. A short hike takes us through the ruins and we will meet with the boat in another dock. Next stop will be the sandy beach of Iztuzu, nesting Area for the marine turtle Caretta caretta. The day ﬁnishes as we take the boat back to Dalyan. We will be having our dinner overlooking the rock tombs from 400 BC.
Dinner and Overnight in Dalyan Pansion.
Transfer to Dalaman Airport (20 min) (B); Final Departure
Post breakfast, the tour ﬁnishes as you are transferred to Dalaman Airport (20min).
End of arrangements…
07 nights’ accommodation in pensions & good standard hotels
In April daytime temps reach the low twenties (centigrade), mostly sunny but still chances of rain. In May the temperature rises to late twenties and less chance of rain. Evenings can still be quite cool in early April.
From mid September through October, mainly sunny day with temps in mid twenties and warm evenings cooling down later in the season.
The restaurants that we eat are all good, and most of them are fish restaurants with lots of starters (a great majority vegetarian). They do not have special vegetarian food but it is possible to arrange a vegetarian main course (probably not as rich as Indian food) if we inform these places beforehand.
There will be ATM along the way. To specify;
- At Dalaman Airport
- in Bozburun, Day 4
- in Selimiye, Day 5,6
- in Dalyan, Day 7
It would be best to exchange money at the airport since that will be the only option (except for Marmaris, which is on our way to the first hotel. But the exchange offices will only be open during the day time, except for sundays.
Almost all the places (hotels, restaurants, shops, supermarkets) accept cards. A few hundred liras, let’s say 80 € equivalent, would be enough to pay for drinks at local shops, souvenirs, tips, etc).
- Hiking boots or strong shoes with good tread and ankle support,
- Shorts and T-shirt (warm weather), ﬂeece, waterproofs, walking trousers, long sleeved top.
- Day pack (35 ltr.+ -),
- Sun protection- hat, sunglasses, sun cream, insect repellant,
- Walking poles recommended, beach towel, swim kit.
- First Aid Kit
There is always connectivity with most of it coming from Turkish cell providers and in some places (especially on day 2 & 3) Greek providers.
There are a lot Bees/beehives in this region, we do not recommend it to people who are allergic to bees.
We highly recommend people to wear boots with ankle support and take hiking poles on the hikes.