Tryst With Beas
11th May 2019 – 18th May 2019
Starting from INR 30,900/- per person
The state of Himachal Pradesh due to its accessibility and beauty has slowly developed as a thriving adventure hub. The Kullu valley, also known as the “Valley of Gods” is nestled between the Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal ranges. Manali being situated at the north end of this valley, its major asset is the proximity to the snowline. It offers spectacular views of the snow-capped peaks and is a popular base for trekking, mountaineering and skiing in the winters. Our tour is a perfect combination of adventure & leisure. This tour involves an initial stay in a cozy hotel in Solang Nallah, followed by a leisurely trek to our picturesque campsite on the banks of the river Beas. From here we walk to the accessible snow slopes to have fun in the untrodden snow. Coming back to the hotel, a range of optional activities awaits you – rappelling, rafting, zorbing, para gliding, valley crossing, cycling, skiing…
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Soft Plus
Group Size Small Group
- The most popular and best family adventure tour
- Great value for money
- Action packed options (camping, trekking, skiing, para gliding, rappelling, valley crossing, cycling,..)
- Type of Tour : Family Adventure
- Grade : Soft+
- Maximum Altitude : 3650m/11,976 ft.
- Tour Duration : 06 Nights
- Best Season : April – May; Mid September – October
- Ex-Destination : Starts – Manali; Ends – HPTDC Tourism Office (Kullu).
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 04, Camping – 02
- Food Plan : Solang – Breakfast & Dinner basis; On the Trek – All meals included.
- Travel & Transport : Transfers in SUV/MUV.
Transfers in SUV/MUV.
- Complimentary Sack & Cap.
- Local guide on the trek.
- Rappelling & Rafting activities.
- Necessary porterage and camping equipment for the trek.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to Manali & from HPTDC Tourism Office (Kullu).
- Vehicle charges for Rohtang Pass visit or Manali sightseeing or any other excursion besides the planned itinerary.
- Lunch expenses at Solang.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to porters, camping team, hotel staff, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Manali; Drive to Solang (2560m/8400 ft.; 13 km; ½ hr)
Arrival in Manali. Pick up at Manali HPTDC Bus Stand and drive to Solang. Check-in our hotel and spend the day walking around and familiarizing ourselves with the area. Post tea we go for a short acclimatization walk to a nearby Shiva shrine – Anjani Mahadev. Overnight stay at hotel in Solang.
Solang - Acclimatisation walk & rappelling
Post breakfast we continue our acclimatization and set off for a trek to a nearby waterfall in a gorge – over the years this has now come to be called the “Countryside waterfall” as our groups have made this waterfall famous. The walk is uphill and in about two hours we arrive there. After spending some time we head back for a sumptuous lunch. This is followed by a rappelling session. We head back to the hotel for some soup and a group briefing about the next day as we are spend the next night at our campsite at Dhundi. Overnight stay at hotel in Solang.
Solang - Dhundi (3150m/10,335 ft.; 8 km; 3 hrs)
The trek starts! We walk leisurely to our tented campsite at Dhundi. Dhundi is an alpine plateau and is about 8 km away from Solang. The road is a memorable and we walk through a quaint pine forest. We are now surrounded by snow-clad mountains. After breaking for lunch we go for an acclimatisation walk to the Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE). We spend some time at the SASE ground and then head back to the camp where some hot soup awaits us. There is a briefing about the next day’s trek. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Dhundi.
Dhundi - Beaskund (3650m/11,976 ft.) – Dhundi (14 km; 8 hrs round trip)
We are to walk to the highest point of our trip – Beaskund, 7 km one way. We make an early start and within a short while we hit some snow slopes. The group enjoys the snow experience and we play in the snow. We are surrounded by Mt Friendship, Ladakhi, Hanuman Tibba and others. The trek continues – Beaskund is a fair distance away and our reaching there is subject to our walking speed and the weather and snow conditions. We now have to make our way back to Dhundi. Hot lunch will be provided enroute. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Dhundi.
Dhundi – Solang (2½ hrs)
We trek to Solang and will reach there before lunch. Post lunch we will do river crossing activity. Evening is free. Overnight stay at hotel in Solang.
Solang – Hike to the base of Mt. Patalsu & back (3505m/11,500 ft.; 8 km; 6-7 hrs round trip)
Today we do another challenging hike to the base of Mt. Patalsu, 4 km one way. Overnight stay at hotel in Solang.
Rafting; Final departure
After breakfast depart for rafting on Beas River. We drive to Kullu, to the starting point of Rafting and gear up for rafting. We finish the rafting stretch of 14 km in 2 hrs. We depart from the HPTDC Office at Kullu. The overnight journey to Delhi is approx. 14 hrs by bus. Overnight journey in the bus.
Arrival Mandi House, Delhi
Arrival in the morning at Mandi House, Delhi. Final departure.
End of arrangements…
- Solang: In a hotel on twin sharing basis; Bed & Breakfast basis.
- On the trek: Premium Camping arrangement on twin sharing basis. All meals included. (Meals include: Breakfast, lunch & dinner only).
The travelling expenses to Solang & post trip back from HPTDC Tourism Office (Kullu) are not included in tour cost. The available options to reach Solang are as follows.
Air: The nearest Airport to Manali is near Kullu, Bhuntar Airport (40 km). There are daily flights from Delhi to Kullu and back. One can choose to fly to Chandigarh and then drive to Solang. We can arrange for the pickup and drop at an additional cost. Flights to Bhuntar are subject to weather condition, so it is advised that, you should book your return international flight 2-3 days after your expected date of arrival in New Delhi.
Road: Delhi – Manali is at a distance of 595 km (14 hrs). There are Semi Sleeper AC Volvo coaches that operate on this route (Operated by HP Tourism and private operators).
Reach Delhi by Rail or Air: Delhi – Manali by Semi Sleeper Volvo Bus costs approx. ₹ 1500/-
Reach Chandigarh by Rail or Air: Chandigarh – Solang (335 km; 9-10 hrs) by taxi. We can arrange for the pickup and drop at an additional cost.
Manali – Solang (13 km; 20-30 min.). Taxis are available at the place where HPTDC Bus or private buses halt in Manali or at the Bus Stand 500m away, from where the local buses operate.
This tour is recommended for people with a good level of physical fitness. We do not recommend this tour to people with chronic problems like epilepsy and those related to blood pressure or heart or diabetes.
If one chooses to come back to Solang from our camp at Dhundi earlier than the planned itinerary, we do not assure accommodation in the same hotel. The members will have to bear the extra cost of any such accommodation.
- It’s mandatory that all the participants carry a valid photo id., (Driving License, Voter Id., Passport or Adhar Card) for issuance of permits and 02 passport size photographs.
- For accompanying children (who do not have a Passport or Adhar Card), it’s mandatory to carry the School Id. Card/College Id. Card along with 02 passport size photographs.
Small soft luggage approx. 5 kg on the trek Day 03 – 05.
If the client wishes to hire a porter so that he can walk along with him, then an extra porter can be arranged on the spot for which the client must make an extra payment. The cost for an extra porter will be INR 1000/- per day.
Day temperatures average between 15ºC – 20ºC and night temperatures can drop to below 5ºC. However the temperatures would vary a lot depending on the season and altitude.
This trek is a high altitude trek and the maximum height gain will be approx. 3650m. Acute mountain sickness (AMS) can be caused due to high altitudes. The AMS may be avoided by taking precautions given in the document attached on high altitudes, please read the document carefully. The high altitude can cause Acute Mountain Sickness and may lead to serious critical medical conditions such as cerebral or pulmonary edema.
The weather can change dramatically causing rain, thunder storm, flash floods, cloud burst, snow fall and severe drop in temperatures, causing severe physical hardships.
- Participant can also choose to do paragliding conducted by locals at Rohtang Pass and pay them at actual. In such case, Countryside would not take the responsibility of safety.
- Children below 12 years of age will not be able to do rafting (discretion left to the Rafting Guide).
- Please carry an extra set of clothing handy on Rafting Day 07.