Tryst With Beas
April – May & Mid September – October
The state of Himachal Pradesh due to its accessibility and beauty has slowly developed as a thriving adventure hub. The Kullu valley, also known as the “Valley of Gods” is nestled between the Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal ranges. Manali being situated at the north end of this valley, its major asset is the proximity to the snowline. It offers spectacular views of the snow-capped peaks and is a popular base for trekking, mountaineering and skiing in the winters. Our tour is a perfect combination of adventure & leisure. This tour involves an initial stay in a cozy hotel in Solang Nallah, followed by a leisurely trek to our picturesque campsite on the banks of the river Beas. From here we walk to the accessible snow slopes to have fun in the untrodden snow. Coming back to the hotel, a range of optional activities awaits you – rappelling, rafting, zorbing, para gliding, valley crossing, cycling, skiing…
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Soft Plus
Group Size Small Group
- The most popular and best family adventure tour
- Great value for money
- Action packed options (camping, trekking, skiing, para gliding, rappelling, valley crossing, cycling,..)
- Type of Tour : Family Adventure
- Grade : Soft+
- Maximum Altitude : 3650m/11,976 ft.
- Tour Duration : 06 Nights
- Best Season : April – May; Mid September – October
- Ex-Destination : Starts – Manali; Ends – HPTDC Tourism Office (Kullu).
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 04, Camping – 02
- Food Plan : Solang – Breakfast & Dinner basis; On the Trek – All meals included.
- Travel & Transport : Transfers in SUV/MUV.
Transfers in SUV/MUV.
- Complimentary Sack & Cap.
- Local guide on the trek.
- Rappelling & Rafting activities.
- Necessary porterage and camping equipment for the trek.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to Manali & from HPTDC Tourism Office (Kullu).
- Vehicle charges for Rohtang Pass visit or Manali sightseeing or any other excursion besides the planned itinerary.
- Lunch expenses at Solang.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to porters, camping team, hotel staff, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Manali; Drive to Solang (2560m/8400 ft.; 13 km; ½ hr)
Arrival in Manali. Pick up at Manali HPTDC Bus Stand and drive to Solang. Check-in our hotel and spend the day walking around and familiarizing ourselves with the area. Post tea we go for a short acclimatization walk to a nearby Shiva shrine – Anjani Mahadev. Overnight stay at hotel in Solang.
Solang - Acclimatisation walk & rappelling
Post breakfast we continue our acclimatization and set off for a trek to a nearby waterfall in a gorge – over the years this has now come to be called the “Countryside waterfall” as our groups have made this waterfall famous. The walk is uphill and in about two hours we arrive there. After spending some time we head back for a sumptuous lunch. This is followed by a rappelling session. We head back to the hotel for some soup and a group briefing about the next day as we are spend the next night at our campsite at Dhundi. Overnight stay at hotel in Solang.
Solang - Dhundi (3150m/10,335 ft.; 8 km; 3 hrs)
The trek starts! We walk leisurely to our tented campsite at Dhundi. Dhundi is an alpine plateau and is about 8 km away from Solang. The road is a memorable and we walk through a quaint pine forest. We are now surrounded by snow-clad mountains. After breaking for lunch we go for an acclimatisation walk to the Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE). We spend some time at the SASE ground and then head back to the camp where some hot soup awaits us. There is a briefing about the next day’s trek. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Dhundi.
Dhundi - Beaskund (3650m/11,976 ft.) – Dhundi (14 km; 8 hrs round trip)
We are to walk to the highest point of our trip – Beaskund, 7 km one way. We make an early start and within a short while we hit some snow slopes. The group enjoys the snow experience and we play in the snow. We are surrounded by Mt Friendship, Ladakhi, Hanuman Tibba and others. The trek continues – Beaskund is a fair distance away and our reaching there is subject to our walking speed and the weather and snow conditions. We now have to make our way back to Dhundi. Hot lunch will be provided enroute. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Dhundi.
Dhundi – Solang (2½ hrs)
We trek to Solang and will reach there before lunch. Post lunch we will do river crossing activity. Evening is free. Overnight stay at hotel in Solang.
Solang – Hike to the base of Mt. Patalsu & back (3505m/11,500 ft.; 8 km; 6-7 hrs round trip)
Today we do another challenging hike to the base of Mt. Patalsu, 4 km one way. Overnight stay at hotel in Solang.
Rafting; Final departure
After breakfast depart for rafting on Beas River. We drive to Kullu, to the starting point of Rafting and gear up for rafting. We finish the rafting stretch of 14 km in 2 hrs. We depart from the HPTDC Office at Kullu.
End of arrangements…
- Solang: In a hotel on twin sharing basis; Bed & Breakfast basis.
- On the trek: Premium Camping arrangement on twin sharing basis. All meals included. (Meals include: Breakfast, lunch & dinner only).