Trek to Roopkund
Mid May – June & September – October
Uttaranchal is famous for its high altitude lakes, which holds up a mirror to the awesome peaks that surround them. Roopkund is one of them, also known as the “Mystery Lake’, though not so beautiful but it definitely is a fascinating lake. The trail to Roopkund passes through the most beautiful ‘Bugyals’, i.e. alpine meadows of Bedni.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Tough
Group Size Small Group
- Visit to Roopkund, the mystery lake.
- Stunning views of Nanda Ghunti, Chaukhamba & Trishul.
- Pristine lovely Bugyal at Bedni.
- Type of Tour : Treks and Walks
- Grade : Tough
- Maximum Altitude : 4780m/15,683 ft.
- Tour Duration : 09 Nights
- Trek Duration : 05 Nights/06 Days
- Best Season : Mid May. – Jun. & Sep. – Oct.
- Ex-Destination : Dehradun/ Haridwar
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 02, Camping – 07
- Food Plan : Hotel – Breakfast & Dinner basis; On the Trek – All meals included.
- Travel & Transport : Transfers and sightseeing in small vehicles / SUV / MUV.
- Transfers and sightseeing in small vehicles / SUV / MUV.
- Complimentary Duffel Bag, Sack & Cap.
- Local guide on the trek
- Necessary porterage and camping equipment for the trek.
- All permits.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to & from Dehradun/Haridwar.
- Lunch expenses during hotel stay.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to helper, camping team, porter, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveler you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Dehradun/Haridwar; Drive to Rudraprayag (750m/2461 ft.; 160 km; 5-6 hrs)
Arrival Dehradun/Haridwar by Flight/train, drive to Rudraprayag. Dinner and overnight stay at Hotel in Rudraparayag.
Rudraprayag - Wan (2439m/8003 ft.; 126 km; 4-5 hrs)
Post breakfast we drive to Wan. A scenic drive along the Ganges with beautiful landscapes and crossing many busy markets will take us to one of the remotest part of the Himalaya’s. Dinner and overnight stay in a camp at Wan.
Trek Starts: Wan - Bedni Bugyal (3354m/11,001 ft.; 11 km; 6 hrs)
From Wan we initially climb up to Kanakdhar, from where one can have a glimpse of Trishul. We make a short descend before starting the steep uphill climb for Bedni Bugyal. A bugyal is a grazing alpine meadow & Bedni Bugyal is an expansive alpine meadow with gradually undulating slopes. In the flowering season – August to early September – the meadows are full of colour. On the banks of the pond at Bedni Bugyal is a small temple of Nanda Devi. Inside is a very small idol of the Devi – not more than 150 mm high. The peaks of Chania Kot, Nanda Ghunti (6310m) and Trishul (7130m) are seen to the north – northeast of the bugyal. Trishul and Nanda Ghunti are to be our constant companions throughout the trek. Nilkanth and Chaukhamba appear on the northwest – west horizon. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Bedni Bugyal.
Bedni Bugyal - Acclimatization walk to Ali Bugyal (5 km one way)
A day to relax, but we may choose to do an acclimatization walk to Ali Bugyal. Ali Bugyal is as beautiful as Bedni Bugyal. While Bedni is sheltered by mountains on three sides, Ali Bugyal lies on top of a hill and provides a lovely view of the surrounding ranges. From the top of Ali Bugyal we can see many other smaller meadows on the hilltops of the surrounding ranges. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Bedni Bugyal.
Bedni Bugyal – Baguabasa (4100m/13,452 ft.; 10 km; 5-6 hrs)
We continue our trek to Baguabasa. From Bedni Bugyal we start early in the morning, after walking for 5-6 km to Pathar Nachani we climb up to Baguabasa for another 4 kms. Bhaguabasa being at 4100m, it is quite cold and as one nears the camp, the lack of sufficient oxygen at the higher altitudes takes its toll. Bagua means flowery park and Basa means place. The place is full of a variety of flowers including the rare Bramha Kamal. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Baguabasa.
Baguabasa – Roopkund (4780m/15,683 ft.) – Baguabasa (12 km; 7-8 hrs)
This would be a great day for us, since we trek from Bhaguabasa to Roopkund. The distance is only about 5 km but due to the altitude and the continuous ascent on the steep snow covered path, one takes nearly 2 hours to reach Roopkund. We trek down to Baguabasa. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Baguabasa.
Baguabasa – Bedni Bugyal (5 hrs)
Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Bedni Bugyal.
Bedni Bugyal – Didna (2450m/8038 ft.; 10 km; 5-6 hrs)
We will climb a bit over the ridge and follow our trail via Ali Bugyal. Ali Bugyal also a very pretty meadow full of wild flowers. A steep descend will take us to tiny village of Didna. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Didna.
Didna – Lohajung (2150m/7054 ft.; 10 km; 5 hrs); Drive to Rudraprayag (123 km; 4 hrs)
We finish our last day walking Kulling/Lohajung (road head) and drive to Rudraprayag. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Rudraprayag.
Rudraprayag – Dehradun (5-6 hrs); Final Departure
Drive to Haridwar Rly. Stn. Or Dehradun Airport for final departure.
End of arrangements…
Accommodation & Food:
- Rudraprayag: In a hotel on twin sharing basis; Bed & Breakfast basis.
- On the Trek: In tents on twin sharing basis; All meals included.
|Place||Premium Hotel or Similar|