Trek to Gaumukh – Tapovan
May – June & Mid September – October
We travel through the hallowed lands of Haridwar, Rishikesh, Uttarkashi and reach Gangotri, our starting point of the trek. Passing through Chidbasa and Bhojbasa, we trek up the Gaumukh glacier to finally reach Tapovan, a fine high altitude alpine meadow. Our camp at Tapovan enables a spectacular view of Mt. Shivling, one of the most intriguingly shaped mountains of the world. The historic Bhagirathi River roars by as we explore this region.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
- A visit to Gaumukh, the origin of the river Ganga.
- The beautiful meadows at Tapovan.
- The stunning views of Mt. Shivling & Bhagirathi peaks.
- Type of Tour : Trek & Walks
- Grade : Moderate
- Maximum Altitude : 4680m/15,355 ft.
- Tour Duration : 08 Nights
- Trek Duration : 06 Nights/07 Days
- Best Season : May – Jun. & Mid Sep. – Oct
- Ex- Destination : Dehradun / Haridwar
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel/Guesthouse – 03, Camping – 05
- Food Plan : Hotels – Breakfast & Dinner basis; On the Trek – All meals included.
- Travel & Transport : Transfers and sightseeing in small vehicle SUV/MUV.
- Transfers and sightseeing in small vehicles.
- Complimentary Duffel Bag, Sack & Cap.
- Local guide on the trek.
- Necessary porterage and camping equipment on the trek.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable
- Travel to & from Dehradun/Haridwar.
- Lunch expenses during hotel/guesthouse stays.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to helper, camping team, porter, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Dehradun/Haridwar; Drive to Uttarkashi (1150m/3773 ft.; approx. 180 km; 6 hrs)
Arrival at Jolly Grant Airport (Dehradun)/ Haridwar Railway Jn. Drive to Uttarkashi. Overnight stay at hotel in Uttarkashi.
Uttarkashi - Gangotri (3050m/10,007 ft; 100 km; 3-4 hrs)
Post breakfast we start for Gangotri. Overnight stay at hotel/guesthouse in Gangotri.
Trek Start: Gangotri - Chidbasa (3550m/11,648 ft; 9 km; 4 hrs)
The trek begins. Carrying just our essentials in a backpack, a leisurely walk of 9 km gets us to our first tented camp by the waters of Bhagirathi, amongst trees of birch, at Chidbasa. Dinner and overnight stay in camp at Chidbasa.
Chidbasa – Bhojbhasa (3750m/12,304 ft; 5 km; 2 hrs)
After breakfast we wind up camp and proceed to Bhojbhasa. Interacting with pilgrims – our companions on this route – it is an experience in itself! The first glimpse of Mt. Shivling enroute is breathtaking! Dinner and overnight stay in camp at Bhojbhasa.
Bhojbhasa – Tapovan (4680m/15,355 ft; 5 hrs)
We start our trek to Tapovan. On reaching Gaumukh (4040m/13,255 ft) we start our climb to Tapovan crossing the Gangotri glacier. After a good trek of two hours we hit the alpine meadow of Tapovan. Dinner and overnight stay in camp at Tapovan.
Tapovan – Rest Day
Today we explore the meadows at Tapovan. We can do a 1 hr climb to the ridge top to get some excellent views of the Gangotri glacier. Dinner and overnight stay in camp at Tapovan.
Tapovan – Chidbasa (5-6 hrs)
We retrace our steps to reach Chidbasa. Dinner and overnight stay in camp at Chidbasa.
Chidbasa - Gangotri (3 hrs); Drive to Rishikesh (268 km; 8-9 hrs)
After an early breakfast we trek down to Gangotri. Overnight stay at hotel in Rishikesh.
Rishikesh – Dehradun/Haridwar; Final Departure
Post breakfast we depart to Haridwar Railway Station/Jolly Grants Airport (Dehradun). Final departure.
End of arrangements…
Accommodation & Food:
- Uttarkashi & Rishikesh: In a hotel on twin sharing basis; Breakfast & Dinner basis.
- Gangotri: In a guesthouse on twin sharing basis; Breakfast & Dinner basis.
- On the Trek: In tents on twin sharing basis; All meals included.
|Place||Premium Hotel or Similar|
|Rishikesh||Hotel The Great Ganga|