Trek to Dodital & Darwa Top
May – Mid June & September – October
Dodital trek is a short, moderate trek, through dense forests, across small streams, large meadows and magnificent Himalayan landscapes. Dodital is a beautiful lake, surrounded by thick forest of oak, fir and rhododendron. The high point on the trek is Darwa top offering magnificent views of Banderpoonch and Swaragrohini massifs.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
- Visit the picturesque Dodital.
- The fabulous views from Darwa Top.
- Type of Tour : Treks & Walks
- Grade : Moderate
- Maximum Altitude : 4150m/13,616 ft.
- Total Duration : 06 Nights
- Trek Duration : 04 Nights / 05 Days
- Best Season : May – Mid Jun. & Sep. – Oct.
- Ex-Destination : Dehradun / Haridwar
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotels – 02; Camping – 04
- Food Plan : Uttarkashi & Rishikesh – Breakfast & Dinner basis; On the Trek – All meals
- Travel & Transport : Transfers and sightseeing in SUV / MUV.
- Transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary in small vehicles / SUV / MUV.
- Complimentary Duffel Bag, Sack & Cap.
- All permits as per itinerary.
- Local guide on the trek
- Necessary porterage and camping equipment for the trek.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to & from Dehradun/Haridwar.
- Rafting charges
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to porters, camping team, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes‟.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Dehradun / Haridwar; Drive to Uttarkashi (1150m/3773 ft.; 180 km; 6 hrs)
Arrival at Jolly Grant Airport (Dehradun) / Haridwar Railway Jn. Drive to Uttarkashi. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Uttarkashi.
Uttarkashi - Sangamchatti (16 km); Trek to Bhewra (2160m/7087 ft; 8 km; 4 hrs)
After breakfast drive to the road head at Sangamchatti. Enroute we halt for an early lunch at Uttarkashi. Start your first day’s trek to Bhewra (2160 m) few km, after Agoda. The trek passes through dense forest. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Bhewra.
Bhewra - Dodital (3307m/10,850 ft; 14 km; 6 hrs)
From Bhewra the trail climbs steeply for 4 km towards Dharkot. From here it’s a gradual climb to Dodital via the settlement at Manjhi which has cluster of houses and tea shacks. The scenic beauty of Dodital can compel any nature lover to camp here for days together. The lake, the surrounding pine forest, the towering Darwa Bugyal on one side and the valley on the other is serene and enticing. The parikrama around the lake is of 1.5 km. A few streams coming from Darwa Bugyal feed the lake. Dinner and overnight stay in camp at Dodital.
Dodital – Darwa Top – Dodital (5 km; 2-3 hrs oneway)
Early in the morning trek up to Darwa Top with packed breakfasts. The walk to Darwa Top is 5 km (2-3 hrs). It is a pass at a height of 4150 mts. The entire walk is an uphill climb. It starts with the climb along the feeder to Dodital breaking into a thick birch forest opening into the high meadows. Darwa top offers a magnificent view of the Bandarpunch and Swargarohini range of peaks. Return back to our campsite for a hot lunch. Dinner and overnight stay in camp at Dodital.
Dodital – Bhewra
After breakfast we return back to Bhewra. Dinner and overnight stay in camp at Bhewra.
Bhewra – Sangamchatti (3 hrs); Drive to Rishikesh (195 km; 5-6 hrs)
Return back to Sangamchatti. We board the vehicles and drive down to Rishikesh. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel at Rishikesh.
Rishikesh – Haridwar / Dehradun; Final Departure
Post breakfast, we have an option of a few activities like rafting, zipline, etc. Final Departure.
End of arrangements…
Accommodation & Food:
- Uttarkashi & Rishikesh – In a hotel on twin sharing basis; Breakfast & Dinner basis.
- On the trek: In camping tents on twin sharing basis.