Trek to Bashleo Pass
April – May & September – October
Starting from INR 47,100/- per person.
A beautiful trek through oak, blue pine, spruce, fir and deodar forests alongside the stunning Sarolsar Lake and further up mountain pastures over the Bashleo Pass. The panoramic view of the Himalayas from Bashleo Pass is amazing. A short and scenic trek!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
- The beautiful & holy Sarolsar Lake.
- The panoramic view from Bashleo Pass
- Trek through dense and pristine oak, deodar and pine forests.
- Type of Tour : Treks & Walks
- Grade : Moderate
- Maximum Altitude : 3353m/11,000 ft.
- Tour Duration : 07 Nights
- Trek Duration : 05 Nights/06 Days
- Best Season : – May & Sep. – Oct.
- Ex-Destination : Chandigarh
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 02, Camping – 05
- Food Plan : Hotel – Bed & Breakfast basis; On the Trek – All meals
- Travel & Transport : Transfers and sightseeing in SUV/MUV.
Transfer and sightseeing in SUV/MUV.
- Complimentary Duffel Bag, Sack & Cap.
- Local guide on the trek.
- Necessary porterage and camping equipment for the trek.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to & from Chandigarh.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to driver, guide, hotel staff, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Chandigarh; Drive to Shimla (2200m/7218 ft.; 113 km; 4 - 5 hrs)
The meeting place for the group is Chandigarh airport at 13:00 hrs. We get picked up either at the Airport or the Railway station and start for Shimla. As we leave behind the plains the air gets cooler and we negotiate the winding mountain roads. Overnight stay at a hotel in Shimla.
Shimla – Jalori Pass (3150m/10,335 ft.; 148 km; 5 - 6 hrs); Trek to Sarolsar Lake (3223m/10,575 ft.; 4 km; 2 hrs)
Jalori Pass is the boundary of the Inner & Outer Seraj. Sarolsar Lake is a 4 km trek from Jalori Pass. The walk to Sarolsar Lake is through forests full of oak, blue pine, spruce, fir and Deodar.We take a tour of the ancient lakeside temples dedicated to a snake goddess. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Sarolsar Lake.
Sarolsar Lake – Deem (2100m/6890 ft.; 4 – 5 hrs)
After breakfast we set off on a gentle path through forests of ancient oaks. Further, we trek on through more oak forests, along mountainside pastures edged with stunted rhododendron trees and head for our second night camping. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Deem.
Deem – Tarala (5 hrs)
Today we walk over steep mountain pastures and through dense cedar to the village of Tarala, which is nestled deep in a steep-sided valley surrounded on one side by dense forest and on the other with steep narrow terraces which grow pulses, vegetables and apples. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Tarala.
Tarala – Kullu Baggi Sarahan (8 – 9 hrs)
After early breakfast today we start our trek to Kullu Sarahan, Today’s trek is a long one. We pick up a gentle trail passing through thick forest; here one can see variety of bird life and chances of spotting the Monal Pheasant are quite good. The Himalayan Langurs are a common sight swinging and jumping in the thick canopy overhead. Our trail will then take us down to Sarahan through more beautiful cedar forests. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Kullu Baggi Sarahan.
Kullu Baggi Sarahan – Bashleo Pass (3277m/10,752 ft.; 4 – 5 hrs) – Bashleo Pass Base
Post breakfast we climb up to the Bashleo Pass for lunch. The Bashleo Pass has amazing panoramic views of the mountains around Shimla, Kinnaur, Lahul-Spiti and beyond Kullu you can catch a glimpse of Shrikhand Mahadev (5515m). From Bashleo Pass we walk down a little to the wide green alpine meadow overlooking the lush green forest and mountains. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Bashleo Pass Camp.
Bashleo Pass Base – Bathad (2000m/6562 ft.; 5-6 hrs); Drive to Bilaspur (132 km; 4 – 5 hrs)
The descent is approx. 1300m, very steep and through thick forests and patches of green meadows. Bathad is a small village situated high up overlooking the Palachan Gad. We get into the waiting vehicles and travel to Bilaspur. Overnight stay at hotel in Bilaspur.
Bilaspur – Chandigarh (137 km; 4 - 5 hrs); Final Departure
After an early breakfast, drive to Chandigarh Airport/Railway Station for final departure.
End of arrangements…
- Shimla and Bilaspur: In a hotel on twin sharing basis. Bed & Breakfast basis.
- On the Trek: In small camping tents on twin sharing basis. All meals included. (Meals include: Breakfast, lunch & dinner only).
This trek involves walking for 4 – 5 hours daily and 8 – 9 hrs on one day. We do not recommend this tour to people with chronic problems like epilepsy and those related to blood pressure or heart or diabetes.
If the client wishes to hire a porter so that he can walk along with him, then an extra porter can be arranged on the spot for which the client must make an extra payment. The cost for an extra porter will be INR 1000/- per day.
It’s mandatory that all the participants carry a valid photo id., (Driving License, Voter Id., Passport or Adhar Card) for issuance of permits and 02 passport size photographs.
Day temperatures average between 15ºC – 20ºC and night temperatures can drop to below 5ºC. However the temperatures would vary a lot depending on the season and altitude.
This trek is a high altitude trek and the maximum height gain will be approx. 3277m. Acute mountain sickness (AMS) can be caused due to high altitudes. The AMS may be avoided by taking precautions given in the document attached on high altitudes, please read the document carefully. The high altitude can cause Acute Mountain Sickness and may lead to serious critical medical conditions such as cerebral or pulmonary edema.
The weather can change dramatically causing rain, thunder storm, flash floods, cloud burst, snow fall and severe drop in temperatures, causing severe physical hardships.
Sleeping bag and Feather jackets can be hired on written request in advance atleast 10 days prior to date of reporting. The same will be provided on arrival at reporting hotel. Rentals for Sleeping Bag & Feather Jacket is INR 100/- per day each plus INR 100/- each for laundry.