Trek to Bashleo Pass
A beautiful trek through oak, blue pine, spruce, fir and deodar forests alongside the stunning Sarolsar Lake and further up mountain pastures over the Bashleo Pass. The panoramic view of the Himalayas from Bashleo Pass is amazing. A short and scenic trek!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
- The beautiful & holy Sarolsar Lake.
- The panoramic view from Bashleo Pass
- Trek through dense and pristine oak, deodar and pine forests.
- Type of Tour : Treks & Walks
- Grade : Moderate
- Maximum Altitude : 3353m/11,000 ft.
- Tour Duration : 07 Nights
- Trek Duration : 05 Nights/06 Days
- Ex-Destination : Chandigarh
- Reporting Time & Venue : 12:00 hrs at Chandigarh Airport
- Dispersal Time and Venue : 14:00 hrs at Chandigarh Airport.
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 02, Camping – 05
- Food Plan : All meals including dinner on day 01 to breakfast on day 08.
- Travel & Transport : Transfers and sightseeing in SUV/MUV.
- Tour Cost per Person : INR 42,950/-
- Requisite Group Size : 10 pax.
- Transfer and sightseeing in SUV/MUV.
- Complimentary Duffel Bag, Sack & Cap.
- Local guide on the trek.
- Necessary porterage and camping equipment for the trek.
- One experienced Tour Leader from “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt.”
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to & from Chandigarh.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to driver, guide, hotel staff, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or for independent small groups you can check our packages.
Arrival in Chandigarh; Drive to Shimla (2200m/7218 ft.; 113 km; 4-5 hrs)
The meeting place for the group is Chandigarh airport at 13:00 hrs. We get picked up either at the Airport or the Railway station and start for Shimla. As we leave behind the plains the air gets cooler and we negotiate the winding mountain roads. Overnight stay at a hotel in Shimla.
Shimla – Jalori Pass (3150m/10,335 ft.; 148 km; 5-6 hrs); Trek to Sarolsar Lake (3223m/10,575 ft.; 4 km; 2 hrs)
Jalori Pass is the boundary of the Inner & Outer Seraj. Sarolsar Lake is a 4 km trek from Jalori Pass. The walk to Sarolsar Lake is through forests full of oak, blue pine, spruce, fir and Deodar.We take a tour of the ancient lakeside temples dedicated to a snake goddess. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Sarolsar Lake.
Sarolsar Lake – Deem (2100m/6890 ft.; 4–5 hrs)
After breakfast we set off on a gentle path through forests of ancient oaks. Further, we trek on through more oak forests, along mountainside pastures edged with stunted rhododendron trees and head for our second night camping. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Deem.
Deem – Tarala (5 hrs)
Today we walk over steep mountain pastures and through dense cedar to the village of Tarala, which is nestled deep in a steep-sided valley surrounded on one side by dense forest and on the other with steep narrow terraces which grow pulses, vegetables and apples. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Tarala.
Tarala – Kullu Baggi Sarahan (8–9 hrs)
After early breakfast today we start our trek to Kullu Sarahan, Today’s trek is a long one. We pick up a gentle trail passing through thick forest; here one can see variety of bird life and chances of spotting the Monal Pheasant are quite good. The Himalayan Langurs are a common sight swinging and jumping in the thick canopy overhead. Our trail will then take us down to Sarahan through more beautiful cedar forests. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Kullu Baggi Sarahan.
Kullu Baggi Sarahan – Bashleo Pass (3277m/10,752 ft.; 4–5 hrs) – Bashleo Pass Base
Post breakfast we climb up to the Bashleo Pass for lunch. The Bashleo Pass has amazing panoramic views of the mountains around Shimla, Kinnaur, Lahul-Spiti and beyond Kullu you can catch a glimpse of Shrikhand Mahadev (5515m). From Bashleo Pass we walk down a little to the wide green alpine meadow overlooking the lush green forest and mountains. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Bashleo Pass Camp.
Bashleo Pass Base – Bathad (2000m/6562 ft.; 5-6 hrs); Drive to Bilaspur (132 km; 4–5 hrs)
The descent is approx. 1300m, very steep and through thick forests and patches of green meadows. Bathad is a small village situated high up overlooking the Palachan Gad. We get into the waiting vehicles and travel to Bilaspur. Overnight stay at hotel in Bilaspur.
Bilaspur – Chandigarh (137 km; 4-5 hrs); Final Departure
After an early breakfast, drive to Chandigarh Airport/Railway Station for final departure.
End of arrangements…
Accommodation & Food
- Shimla and Bilaspur: In a hotel on twin sharing basis.
- On the Trek: In small camping tents on twin sharing basis.
- All meals including dinner on day 01 to breakfast on day 08.