Namdapha Rainforest Trek – Women’s Special
2nd Feb 2019 to 10th Feb 2019
Starting from INR 54,500/- per person
Namdapha National Park located on the eastern tip of Arunachal Pradesh is a paradise – a Mecca for nature lovers. This rainforest extending well over 2000 sq. km is a biodiversity hotspot containing more than 1000 species of plants, 500 species of birds, 350 butterflies and many smaller forms of life. This is the only park which boasts of having big large cats namely tiger, leopard, clouded leopard and now leopard, despite which it is difficult to see any of them or their prey due to the dense forestation. But this is more than made up enjoying the humongous trees and appreciating the smaller forms of life giving us a better understanding of the web of life.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
- Trek in India’s densest Rainforest.
- Opportunity to see many rare birds and butterflies.
- Trek through some amazing landscapes.
- Type of Tour : Treks & Walks
- Grade : Moderate
- Tour Duration : 08 Nights
- Trek Duration : 05 Nights/06 Days
- Tour Date : 02-Feb-2019 to 10-Feb-2019
- Reporting Time & Venue : 14:00 hrs at Dibrugarh Airport / Railway Station
- Dispersal Time & Venue : 12:00 hrs at Dibrugarh Airport / Railway Station
- Accommodation (Nights) : Guesthouse – 02; Campsite – 05, Hotel – 01
- Food Plan : All meals starting from lunch on Day 01 to breakfast on Day 09.
- Travel & Transport : Transfers & sightseeing in Sumo or similar vehicles.
- Requisite Group Size : 08 pax
- All surface transportation using Sumo or similar vehicles.
- Complimentary Duffel Bag, Sack & C
- Local guide on the trek
- Necessary porterage and camping equipment for the trek.
- Inner Line Permits for Arunachal Pradesh.
- Entrance fees for Namdapha National Park.
- One experienced Tour Leader from “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.”
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to & from Dibrugarh.
- Camera fees for Namdapha National Park
- Boat ride on Bramhaputra
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to porters, camping team, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown, etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or for independent small groups you can check our packages.
Arrival in Dibrugarh; Drive to Miao (152 km; 5 hrs)
Reach Dibrugarh by afternoon and drive to Miao. The drive is an interesting one through varied landscapes. The initial part of our drive is through a sea of tea gardens, crossing Digboi and Margherita towns. Once we cross into Arunachal our drive continues on rough roads passing through forests till we reach Miao. Miao is a small town on the bank of the Noa Dihing river. Dinner and overnight stay at Namdapha Eco Camp or similar in Miao.
Miao - Deban (25 km; 1½ - 2 hrs); Trek to Hornbill Camp (11 km; 04 hrs)
Post an early breakfast we drive to Deban. Our final 20 km to Deban would be over a dirt track where we would negotiate small rivers, patches of muck and landslides taking us around two hours. From Deban we start our trek, by crossing the Noa Dihing river on a crude bamboo bridge. After a second smaller river crossing we enter into the wild rainforest world. The initial part of the trek is through bamboo and cane forest, graduating into a landscape of ultra tall trees. All through you will sense the liveliness of the forest through the hooting of Hoolock Gibbons, deer calls and chirping of the birds like the Fulvous-breasted Woodpecker, Maroon Oriole, Rusty-bellied Shortwing, Oriental Pied Hornbill, etc.
By afternoon we reach our campsite in the middle of the forest. The campsite – aptly named Hornbill – is a great place to see these magnificent birds which come here to roost in the evening. The camp is also an excellent location for viewing the nocturnal flying squirrels. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Hornbill.
Hornbill – Rani Jheel; (09 km; 2-3 hrs)
Post breakfast we start our trek to Rani Jheel. We continue our walk through the dense rainforest, with smaller life-forms like butterflies, frogs, insects and fungi for company. On our way we are likely to see some rare avian beauties like Red-headed Trogon, Collared Scops Owl, Rufous-vented Prinia, Grey-cheeked Warbler, etc. Rani Jheel is a water body which has now dried up. Another excellent place for bird watching. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Rani Jheel.
Rani Jheel – Firmbase - Imbiong (5-6 hrs)
Post breakfast we walk in the dense jungle for some time. Later we descend down towards the Namdapha river. On a clear day one can get grand views of the snow capped Dafa Boom mountain range. The route from here mainly skirts the bank of the Noa Dihing, involving the crossing of some bamboo bridges built by the Lisu tribe. We trek through a spectrum of terrains ranging from grasslands, to river banks to thick evergreen forests. In the evening we explore some areas around our campsite in search of the magnificent Rufous Necked Hornbill. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Imbiong.
Imbiong – Excursion to Lisu Village & back (07 - 08 hrs)
Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Imbiong.
Trek: Imbiong - 19th Mile; (05 hrs)
Today’s route mainly skirts the bank of the Noa Dihing, involving the crossing of some bamboo bridges built by the Lisu tribe. We trek through a spectrum of terrains ranging from grasslands, to river banks to thick evergreen forests. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in 19th Mile.
Trek: 19th Mile – Road head (3 hrs); Drive to Deban (01 hr); Drive to Miao (02 hrs)
Walk back to the roadhead through thick forests teeming with birds and fluttering with butterflies. From the roadhead we drive on the Miao Vijaynagar road which offers some spectacular views of the park. Have lunch at Deban after which we drive to Miao. Dinner and overnight stay at a guesthouse in Miao.
Drive to Dibrugarh (152 km; 5 hrs); Enroute enjoy boat ride on Bramhaputra (optional)
Post breakfast we start our drive towards Dibrugarh. Enroute at Tinsukhia we take a detour to the banks of Bramhaputra and enjoy a boat ride experience with lunch (approx. 5-6 hrs). Later we proceed to Dibrugarh. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Dibrugarh.
After breakfast drive to Dibrugarh airport. Final departure.
End of arrangements…
- Miao: In a Forest Rest House / Guesthouse on twin sharing basis.
- On the Trek: In small camping tents on twin sharing basis.
- Dibrugarh: In a hotel on twin sharing basis (Hotel Tea County or similar).
- All meals including lunch on Day 01 to breakfast on Day 09. Meals include breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Accommodation: Accommodation and other facilities including food and beverages in this sector especially Arunachal Pradesh would be basic. Facility of central heating / room heaters, laundry service is not available at the hotels. Hot water will be provided in buckets at some of the hotels. Similar category of rooms may not be possible for all the guests depending upon the group size.
Food: Lunch enroute on Day 01 is organized in small hotel or tourist class restaurants or appropriate road-side hotels / restaurants as per availability.
This tour is recommended for people with a good level of physical fitness. We do not recommend this tour to people with chronic problems like epilepsy and those related to blood pressure or heart or diabetes.
If the client wishes to hire a porter so that he can walk along with him, then an extra porter can be arranged on the spot for which the client must make an extra payment. The cost for an extra porter will be INR 800/- per day.
Following documents would be required in order to process the Inner Line Permit (ILP) for visiting Arunachal Pradesh (For Indian Nationals)
- Copy of Photo ID Card such as, Driving License, Election Card, or Passport of each person.
- Father’s name of each person.
- Residential Address of each person
- 2 recent Passport size photographs.
Requirements for Restricted Area Permit (RAP) / Protected Area Permit (PAP) are as follows (For Foreign Nationals):
- Duly filled in application form for each person.
- 2 recent Passport size photograph of each person.
- Photo copy of the valid Indian Visa
- Photo copy of the valid Passport.
- RAP/PAP processing requires a minimum lead time of 4 to 6 weeks
The maximum temperature that marks the climate of the foothills in Arunachal Pradesh is 40ºC (during summer). However the temperatures would vary a lot depending on the season and altitude. The average day temperature in this region in winter ranges from 15º to 21ºC. Nights can be cold with temperatures varying from 5ºC – 15ºC.
The weather can change dramatically causing rain, thunder storm, flash floods, cloud burst, snow fall and severe drop in temperatures, causing severe physical hardships.
- Imp Notes:
- We don’t offer any guarantees for sightings of wild animals / birds.
- In this region there are no relevance between the distance and time travelling as it depends upon the conditions of roads and congestion of traffic. Present road condition in Arunachal Pradesh is bad.
- Clients are expected to dress modestly and respectfully while visiting monasteries and other religious institutions and while attending festivals (you cannot wear Shorts, Short Skirts, Sleeveless tops, Hats / Caps / any Headgear).
- Sleeping bags can be hired on written request in advance atleast 10 days prior to date of reporting. The same will be provided on arrival at reporting hotel. Rentals for Sleeping Bags is INR 100/- per day.