Kerala Circuit With Thattekad
October – March
Kerala is a magical place: beautiful landscapes, fascinating towns & villages, long white beaches & delectable cuisine, and an excellent place to explore by bike. Kochi which is referred as the “The Gateway to Kerala” is the most vibrant city in Kerala & the state’s business capital.
We visit Munnar, one of the popular hill stations in Kerala & cycle through the cooler highlands & tea estates of the Western Ghats. From here we head towards Thekkady, the house of Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary which is one of the biggest wild life reserves in India. It is also a treasure trove of some of the rare species of flora & fauna. The famous Kerala spices such as pepper, cardamom, cloves & cinnamon abundantly grows in Thekkady making the air filled with its fresh aroma. We head towards the tranquil backwaters of Kerala, where a relaxing houseboat cruise offers the chance to unwind & reflect on a memorable journey.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
- Overlapping hills of Tea Plantations in Munnar.
- Kumarakom, a beautiful paradise stocked with mangrove forests, emerald green paddy fields & coconut trees comprises with waterways & canals.
- Thekkady, land of natural spices & wildlife.
- Type of Tour : Family Adventure
- Grade : Moderate
- Tour Duration : 8 Nights
- Best Season : Oct – Mar.
- Ex-Destination : Cochin
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 08
- Food Plan : Bed & Breakfast basis.
- Travel & Transport : Transfers & Sightseeing in small vehicles.
- Hotel/Resort – Bed & Breakfast included or as specified.
- All transfers in a private AC vehicle as per the itinerary depending on the group size.
- Driver who will also act as tour guide.
- Thattekkad on Day 2 – Kayaking in Periyar River with Guide, Cycling with guide, Plantation Visit & Trekking to Bhoothathankettu with Guide (Lunch included in programme)
- Munnar Trek – Welcome drink, Picnic Lunch, Mineral water & refreshments, Tea snacks and Guide Charges.
- Thekkady Plantation visit and Elephant Ride.
- Periyar Trek / Bamboo Rafting – Forest Guide, Lunch & Tea, Bamboo rafting and Bird watching.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to & from Kochi.
- Meals not specified.
- Entry Fees to Salim Ali Sanctuary, Kodanad, Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary and any other sightseeing / activities not mentioned above.
- Camera fees.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to hotel staff, drivers, guides, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrive in Cochin; Drive to Thattekkad (100 km; 3 hrs)
Arrive at Cochin. Travel to Fort Cochin (45 km from Cochin Airport). Fort Cochin is a heritage area of Cochin renowned for its small heritage hotels. Take a walk around Fort Cochin in the late afternoon to visit Jewish Synagogue, Mattancherry Palace and St. Francis Church. Visit in the evening to Kerala Folklore Theatre and Museum or Greenix Village for live Kathakali dance performance. We then drive to Thattekkad. Overnight stay at hotel in Thattekad.
Activities in Thattekkad
Kayak to some of the villages upstream to get a first-hand glimpse of life in a typical spice growing and agrarian village of Kerala. Cycle through the countryside – spice growing villages, gentle mountain slopes, farms, forests at Thattekkad. On the walks you can walk into a rubber estate, a spice plantation and numerous farms where our guide will be happy to explain the intricacies of farm life. Overnight stay at hotel in Thattekad.
Thattekkad - Munnar (100 km; 3 hrs)
Proceed to Munnar, enroute can visit Elephant Camp at Kodanad. Munnar (5000 ft.) is a tea plantation region and a renowned Hill station in the plantation highlands of Kerala offering guests an experience of misty & salubrious climate and a relaxed stay around the tea plantations. Afternoon visit to Kannan Devan Tea Museum and Attukal Waterfalls (8 km from Munnar). Overnight stay at hotel in Munnar.
Munnar - Full day Trek
Full Day trek through tea plantations, grassland, rhododendron trees and natural streams with Packed Lunch enroute. Experience splendid views and photography opportunities enroute. Overnight stay at hotel in Munnar.
Munnar - Thekkady (110 km; 3 hrs)
Proceed to Thekkady (2500 ft.) Thekkady is a spice plantation area surrounded by Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary and visited for its salubrious climate, plantation backdrop and activities around Periyar reserve forest. Visit Spice garden (Cardamom, Pepper, Cinnamon, Vanilla) can be done along with a visit to Elephant Junction for the elephant experience (elephant ride). Overnight stay at hotel in Thekkady.
Thekkady - Activities inside Periyar Reserve
Trek to the thick forest and then to the catchments area of the Periyar Tiger Reserve on a bamboo raft. It is a 9 hour programme that involves walking, trekking, bamboo rafting, Lunch and Bird watching. Overnight stay at hotel in Thekkady.
Thekkady - Kumarakom (120 km; 3½ hrs)
Proceed to Kumarakom. Kumarakom is a destination renowned for lakeside experience offered by premium / luxury hotels. Visit the Kumarakom Bird Sanctaury (Boating, 1½ hour walking trail, Bird watching) OR enjoy the lakeside experience. Overnight stay at hotel in Kumarakom.
Kumarakom - Alleppey (33 km; 1 hr)
Proceed to Alleppey houseboat Jetty. Alleppey is renowned for its lakeside and backwaters and character and what gives Kerala the name ”Venice of the East”. Reach before 12 noon. Alleppey round of Houseboat Cruise. Overnight stay in Alleppey Houseboat.
Alleppey - Cochin (75 km; 1hr 50m)
From Alleppey, drop at Cochin Airport for onward journey.
End of arrangements…
As per the package category in a hotel/resort on twin sharing basis.