Chopta Valley With Rafting
April – May & Mid September – November
A 2 days trek from Sari village will get us to Chopta. From here we climb to Chandrasilla peak to get great views of Nandadevi, Trishul, Dunagiri, Hati peak, Neelkanth, Choukhamba and all connecting peaks towards the Gangotri range. Meadows, birds, flowers and all the beauty of a Himalayan trek is what you get to experience. After completion of the trek, we do a rafting run on the white waters of river Ganges.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Soft Plus
Group Size Small Group
- Visit to the scenic Deoria Tal.
- Beautiful trek from Deoria Tal to Chopta.
- The stunning views from Chandrasilla Peak.
- Type of Tour : Family Adventures
- Grade : Soft+
- Max Altitude : 3683m/12,084 ft.
- Total Duration : 06 Nights
- Trek Duration : 03 Nights/04 Days
- Best Season : April – May & Mid Sep. – Nov.
- Ex-Destination : Dehradun
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 03; Camping – 03
- Food Plan : Hotel – Breakfast & Dinner basis; On the Trek – All meals included.
- Travel & Transport : Transfers and sightseeing in small vehicles/SUV/MUV.
- Hotels – Breakfast & Dinner basis; On the Trek – All meals includes (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner only).
- Transfers and sightseeing in SUV/MUV.
- Complimentary Duffel Bag, Sack & Cap.
- Necessary porterage and camping equipment on the trek.
- Local guide on the trek.
- Rafting activity.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to & from Dehradun/Haridwar.
- Lunch expenses during hotel stays.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to porters, camping team, driver, guide, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveler you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Dehradun/Haridwar; Drive to Rudraprayag (750m/2461 ft; 160 km; 5-6 hrs)
Arrival at Jolly Grant Airport (Dehradun)/ Haridwar Railway Jn., drive to Rudraprayag through beautiful Himalayan scenery and confluence of important rivers as: Devprayag (Bhagirathi and Alaknanda), Rudraprayag (Mandakini and Alaknanda). Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Rudraprayag.
Rudraprayag - Sari village (2000m/6562 ft.; 56 km; 1½-2 hrs); Trek to Deoria Tal (2400m/7874 ft.; 1½ hr trek)
After breakfast drive 1½ hrs to Sari village. Trek 1½ km to Deoria Tal. Deoria Tal is again a picture perfect place for trekkers and nature lovers with its variety of birds and the great views of the Himalayas including Chaukhamba, Kedar, Mandani, Neelkanth, Kirtistambh and many unnamed peaks are visible from there. The trail goes past the village fields and into the forest. It’s gradual uphill all the way up to Deoria Tal. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Deoria Tal.
Deoria Tal – Chopta Bend (2000m/6562 ft.; 12 km; 5-6 hrs); Drive to Chopta (2400m/7875 ft.; 8 km; ½ hr)
After breakfast we start our trek from Deoria Tal to Chopta Bend, which is around 12 km, walk of almost 5-6 hrs. It’s a gentle climb on the ridge connecting the meadows of Chopta and other northeast meadows towards Madhmaheswar. Today’s walk passes through dense semi alpine forest of Rhododendron and oak, there is also a possibility of seeing some wildlife as Barking deer and Sambar & lots of Himalayan birds. From Chopta Bend we board in the waiting vehicles to reach our camp at Chopta. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Chopta.
Chopta - Chandrasilla (3683m/12,084 ft.) & back (8 km; 4–5 hrs both ways)
After breakfast we do a day excursion from Chopta i.e. trek to Chandrasilla top via Tungnath temple which is one of the “Panch Kedar”. The pathway is gentle with few zigzag climb till the Tungnath. A steep (1km) climb leads towards Chandrasilla peak, which is best known for its breath taking views of Himalayas with views of Nandadevi, Trishul, Dunagiri, Hathi peak, Neelkanth, Choukhamba and all the connecting peaks towards Gangotri range can be seen from the top. We descend down to our base. Dinner and overnight stay at camp in Chopta.
Chopta - Pothibasa (7 km; 1½ hrs); Drive to Rishikesh (150 km; 5-6 hrs)
After breakfast we trek to Pothibasa. From here we drive to Rishikesh. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Rishikesh.
Rishikesh – Rappelling & Rafting
After breakfast, we do a short walk. After lunch, we raft through some of the best rapids on the Ganga River. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Rishikesh.
Post breakfast we depart to Haridwar Railway Station/Jolly Grants Airport (Dehradun). Final departure.
End of arrangements…
- Rishikesh: In a hotel on twin sharing basis.
- On the Trek: In small camping tents on twin sharing basis.
|Place||Classic Hotel or similar||Premium Hotel or similar|
|Rudraprayag||Samrat Hotel||Monal Resort|
|Rishikesh||Hotel The Great Ganga||Divine Resort|