Chele La Nature Trek
March – May & Mid September – December
Chele La Nature Trek is the destination for the adventure lover and a trek here is the best way to experience Bhutan’s changing landscape. The mountain kingdom is much sought after for its pristine trails that lead through Himalayan wilderness replete with some of the most exotic and endangered species of flora and fauna.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Treks And Walks
Activity Level Soft Plus
Group Size Small Group
- Panoramic view of the Paro & Haa Valleys.
- Rhododendrons and Primula with its many species.
- Type of Tour : Treks & Walks
- Grade : Soft +
- Maximum Altitude : 3950m/12,956 ft.
- Tour Duration : 10 Nights
- Trek Duration : 04 Nights/05 Days
- Best Season : Mar. – May & Mid Sep. – Dec.
- Ex- Destination : Paro
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 06, Camping – 04
- Food Plan : Hotel: Bed & breakfast basis, On the trek: All meals included.
- Travel & Transport : Transfers & sightseeing in SUV/MUV.
- Transfers & sightseeing in SUV/MUV.
- Complimentary Duffel Bag, Sack and Cap.
- Permits fees.
- English speaking guide for entire tour,
- Necessary porterage and camping equipment for the trek.
- Sleeping Bag
- Local Guide/Trek leader on the trek.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Travel to & from Paro.
- Visa Fees (Applicable for Foreign Nationals only)
- Festival Surcharge (If any during the time of travel)
- Lunch and Dinner expenses at Paro and Thimphu.
- Monument visit fees as per itinerary. (approx. INR 2500/- to INR 3000/- per head).
- Camera fees
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to hotel staff, drivers, guides etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes‟.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrival in Paro (2300m/7546 ft.)
Arrival at Paro Airport and check-in hotel. Overnight stay at hotel in Paro.
Morning visit the castle shaped Ta Dzong; once a watch tower built to defend Rinpung Dzong during inter-valley wars of the 17th century. Ta Dzong now houses the nation’s heritage, Bhutan’s National Museum. Then walk down the trail to visit Rinpung Dzong. In the afternoon we drive to the ruins of Drugyel Dzong, 18 km from Paro town. It was from here that the Bhutanese repelled several Tibetan armies during 17th century. Also visit the Kichu Lhakhang, one of the oldest and most sacred shrines of the Kingdom. Overnight stay at hotel in Paro.
Paro – Excursion to Taktshang Monastery & back
Today is an exciting day we are to visit Tiger Nest, Taktsang the famed site where the mythical Buddhist teacher Guru Padmasambhava alighted upon the back of a tigress. The walk up is fairly steep about half way through we catch sight of Taktsang and the stunning location of the monastery as it seems to cling to the edge of the cliff encourages us onwards. We refresh ourselves with some tea and biscuits and continue upward. Suddenly we find ourselves at the edge of a cliff and right on the opposite cliff is Tiger Nest. We climb the stone steps down to a small bridge light some butter lamps and start climbing up, the final leg on the way to heaven! And we are there bowing in reverence to the deity in the inner sanctum. Overnight stay at hotel in Paro.
Trek Start: Paro - Chonana (3500m/11,480 ft; 14 km; 4 - 5 hrs)
Start the trek from Olathang 1.5 km from Paro town. Most of the days walk is a gradual climb through the pine forests. Along the trail, you pass through some beautiful farmhouses built in typical Bhutanese architectural style. The view of the Paro valley from the trail is also excellent. Dinner and overnight stay in camp at Chonana.
Chonana - Jebkarpo (3500m/11,480 ft; 16 km; 5 - 6 hrs)
A superb trekking route! You trek uphill most of the day with plenty of rests on the way to the Chele La pass Alt. 3850m. The trail takes you through forest filled with primula, rhododendron and many other species of plants and trees. After crossing the pass, the trail goes along the ridge of Chele La with clear view of the Himalayan mountain ranges. Dinner and overnight stay in camp at Jebkarpo.
Jebkarpo - Lower Mingula (3850m/12,628 ft; 15 km; 5 - 6 hrs)
Today is a day to be up early. Early morning view from the campsite of Mount Jumolhari Tserim Gang and the famous mountain Jichu Drake are absolutely breathtaking. The trail follows the ridge above the Ha valley. Dinner and overnight stay in camp at Lower Mingula.
Mingula - Thong (3950m/12,956 ft; 16 km; 5 - 6 hrs)
Another day with excellent views of mountains and valleys. On this route, you will see lots of yaks. Dinner and overnight stay in camp at Thong.
Thong – Paro (Trek Ends); Drive to Thimphu
A short descend and you are in Paro valley. The trek ends at Drukgyal Dzong and from there you drive to Paro. Lunch at Paro and drive on to Thimphu (Capital). Thimphu is 65 km and one hour drive from Paro. Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu.
A full day of sightseeing in Thimphu. You can visit the Tashichho Dzong, the main secretariat building where the office of the government ministries, the office of the King and the Throne Room, and the office and the living quarters of the Monk Body and its Chief Abbot are housed. Visit the Handicrafts Emporium where Bhutanese textiles and other arts are displayed and can be purchased. Visit the Painting and Woodcraft school where the traditional art and painting is kept alive. Visit the Memorial Chorten (a huge Stupa) built in memory of the third King of Bhutan who reigned the Kingdom from 1952-1972. Visit the National Library where ancient manuscripts are preserved. Visit Simtokha Dzong (6 km from Thimphu) the oldest Dzong in Bhutan built in 1629 AD. Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu.
Thimphu – Excursion to Wangdi Phodrang / Punakha & back
We do a full day excursion to Punakha, the former capital of Bhutan which is about 77 km from Thimphu and Wangdi Phodrang (16 km from Punakha). You can visit the Dzongs in both the places as well as other interesting sites. Lunch at Punakha or Wangdi Phodrang and return to Thimphu. Evening: Stroll freely in the town. Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu.
Thimphu – Paro (51 km; 1½-2 hrs)
We leave Thimphu post breakfast for Paro Airport for final departure.
End of arrangement…
Accommodation & Food:
- Paro & Thimphu: In hotels on twin sharing basis; Bed & Breakfast basis.
- On the Trek: In small camping tents on twin sharing basis; All meals included.
|Place||Classic Hotels Envisaged or similar||Premium Hotels Envisaged or Similar|
|Paro||Mandala Resort or Namsaycholing or Janka Resort||Olathang/ Tenziling Resort/ Tashi Namgay Resort or similar|
|Thimpu||Hotel Dorji Elements or Hotel Wangchuk, or Hotel Migmar or similar||City Hotel/ Osel/ Namgay Heritage or similar|