Central Europe With Wachau
April – September
Budapest: Budapest, Hungary’s capital, is bisected by the River Danube. Its 19th century Chain Bridge connects the hilly Buda district with flat Pest. A funicular runs up Castle Hill to Buda’s Old Town, where the Budapest History Museum traces city life from Roman times onward. Trinity Square is home to 13th century Matthias Church and the turrets of the Fishermen’s Bastion, which offer sweeping views.
Vienna: Vienna, Austria’s capital, lies in the country’s east on the Danube River. Its artistic and intellectual legacy was shaped by residents including Mozart, Beethoven and Sigmund Freud. The city is also known for its Imperial palaces, including Schönbrunn, the Habsburgs’ summer residence. In the Museums Quartier district, historic and contemporary buildings display work by Egon Schiele, Gustav Klimt and other artists.
Prague: Prague, capital city of the Czech Republic, is bisected by the Vltava River. Nicknamed “the City of a Hundred Spires,” it’s known for its Old Town Square, the heart of its historic core, with colourful baroque buildings, Gothic churches and the medieval Astronomical Clock, which gives an animated hourly show. Completed in 1402, pedestrian Charles Bridge is lined with statues of Catholic saints.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Soft
Group Size Small Group
- Budapest – Guided sightseeing, panoramic view from Fishermen’s Bastion.
- Vienna – Guided sightseeing, Visit Schonbrunn Palace.
- Wachau – Enjoy a leisurely day at the Wachau Valley through which the river Danube flows.
- Prague – Guided sightseeing, Astronomical Clock, visit the Hradčany Castle grounds.
- Type Of Tour : Road Trip
- Grade : Soft
- Total Duration : 10 Nights / 11 Days
- Best Season : Apr – Sep.
- Ex-Destination : Start – Budapest, Ends – Prague
- Accommodation (Nights) : 10-night Hotel
- Food Plan : Hotel – Bed & Breakfast basis.
- Travel & Transport : Return airport transfers on Private basis & Sightseeing in SIC basis.
SIC (seat in coach) Sightseeing from Designated Point:
- Danube River Cruise in Budapest
- Budapest City Tour
- Danube bend tour aroud Budapest
- City Tour with Schönbrunn – Vienna
- Bratislava from Vienna by Bus
- Cruise on the Vlatava river with coffee and cake – Prague
- 24 Hour Bus + Castle Walking Tour – Prague
- Karlovy Vary day trip – Prague
Transfers (Private Basis)
- Budapest International Airport To Accommodation In Budapest
- Accommodation In Budapest To The Station In Budapest
- Station In Vienna To Accommodation In Vienna
- Accommodation in Vienna to a Station in Vienna
- Station To Accommodation In Prague
- Accommodation In Prague To Prague Airport.
- Goods & Services Tax as applicable.
- International flights & departure taxes (quoted separately)
- Schengen Visa Fees
- Visa support, Insurance, Flights,
- Additional optional excursions, entertainment, other than itinerary, Soft, hard drinks etc.
- Hotel service Mini-bar, phone, portage, etc.
- Tip: Coach driver tip compulsory € 2/pp/day up on arrival to EET our representative.
- Water bottle 500ml € 1/pp additional.
- Food: Lunch & Dinner.
- City Tour: for River Cruise & Spa-tour from hotel to starting point transfer not included.
- City Tax: € 0.65 /pp per city to be paid at the time of Check Out.
- Camera fees
- Any Expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to hotel staff, drivers, guides, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes”.
Arrival in Budapest; Short Danube Cruise (1 hr)
Transfer to your hotel by a private arrangement. Check In Hotel.
Enjoy a short Danube River Cruise starting at Vígado square, with 2 stop overs. Passing by the Parliament building, and the Castle district, Bridge of Budapest. The cruise ends at Vígado square. Duration: 1 hour. Overnight stay at hotel in Budapest.
Budapest City Tour (3 hrs)
Your travels will take you across the Danube on the Margaret Bridge, show you the House of Parliament, the Royal Castle, Fisherman’s Bastion and much more. You will cross the Danube on the Margaret Bridge (Margaret Island) and drive to the Royal Castle on the Buda side. Here you will visit the Fisherman’s Bastion and the Matthias Church. Overnight stay at hotel in Budapest.
Budapest – Full Day Danube Bend Tour (8 hrs)
Take an unforgettable tour into Hungary’s history along the Blue Danube with excursion into Visegrád, Esztergom and Szentendre. These locations right on the river are picturesque and offer arts and crafts, historic points of interest and great views of the natural surrounds. Overnight stay at hotel in Budapest.
Proceed to Vienna
Post breakfast travel by train (03 hrs) or intercity coach (215 km, 03 hrs) to Vienna. Overnight stay at hotel in Vienna.
Vienna City Tour with Schonbrunn Palace (3 hrs)
This city tour will introduce you to the the most important sights of the Austrian capital. As we drive around the famous ’Ringstrasse’, Vienna’s main boulevard, we pass by the State Opera, the Museums of Fine Art and Natural History, the Parliament building, the Burgtheater (National Theatre), the City Hall and the University. The highlight of this programme is the visit to Schonbrunn Palace where we take a tour of some of the most magnificently decorated rooms. We return to the city centre, passing by Belvedere Palace, where you will have the opportunity to end your tour, or you can choose to continue to the State Opera House, where the tour ends. Overnight stay at hotel in Vienna.
Vienna – Bratislava – Vienna; Bratislava City Tour (7 hrs)
Tour will show you Bratislava’s most important places and historical sights, such as the Presidential Palace, Eurovea-the modern city center, the National Theatre, a unique Art Nouveau church and others. It stops at Bratislava Castle and Napoleon´s Hill with their splendid panoramic views and continues with a walking tour of the charming squares and narrow lanes of the Old Town.
Sample delicious local flavours over lunch and sip a sumptuous coffee with a tasty pastry at The Black Bean, an esteemed coffee institution. Roam the old town’s chic boutiques seeking souvenirs and gifts. Overnight stay at hotel in Vienna.
Vienna – Krem / Melk
Take a train to Melk (1 hr 15 min). Walk / take a local taxi to the hotel at Melk. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at hotel in Melk.
Proceed from Melk/Krem to Prague (via Vienna); Prague River Cruise
Post breakfast take a train to Vienna & take a connecting train to Prague. Train travel 290 km, 4 hrs; Coach option 260 km; 5 hrs approx. Check In Hotel. On arrival Prague River Cruise. Overnight stay at hotel in Prague.
Prague City Tour with Prague Castle (3 hrs)
Guided walk through the Prague Castle complex to discover the major sights within. Admire the grandeur of Saint Vitus Cathedral, the architecture of the Old Royal Palace, and enjoy stunning views over the whole of Prague. From Prague Castle we head for the river, for a stroll across Charles Bridge, and for more wonderful views of the city. We then continue our Prague tour with a walk through the Jewish Quarter, Wenceslas Square at its heart, Lesser Town (Mala Strana) the historic Astronomical Clock and the Old Town Square. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at hotel in Prague.
Prague - Full Day Excursion to Karlovy Vary (9 hrs)
Karlovy Vary (also known as Carlsbad) is a charming spa town located about two hours west of Prague and full of Art Nouveau buildings and wealthy Russian tourists. Legend has it that Charles IV discovered the spring while out hunting with his dogs and founded the town, hence the name. Overnight stay at hotel in Prague.
Prague – Final Departure
Transfer to airport for final departure.
End of arrangements…
Accommodation & Food:
- 10 nights accommodation with breakfast in selected 4*/5* hotels in city centre subject to the availability
- Daily breakfast at the hotel.
|City||4* Hotel Name||Weblink|
|Budapest||Hilton Budapest City 5* or Similar||http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/hungary/hilton-budapest-city-BUDWEHI/index.html|
|Vienna||Best Western Kaiserhof Wien or similar||http://www.hotel-kaiserhof.at/wien/en/default.html|
|Wachau||Hotel Post Melk||http://www.post-melk.at/|
|Prague||Hilton Prague Old Town 5* or Similar
Note: Some of the hotels may be non-smoking.