Best Season: September to February
Starting from USD 8000/- per person
A safari in Botswana is a magical experience. A feeling of extraordinary connectedness with Nature often occurs on safari — a perfect blend of stunning and pristine landscapes, sky and water, the staggering abundance of wildlife that roams freely across the land… and you in the middle of it all.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCustomized Packages
Activity Level Soft
Group Size Medium Group
- Have an opportunity to be amid the remote part of the diverse and productive Central Kalahari Game Reserve
- Experience the wild life at Okavango Delta – the world’s largest inland delta
- Be a part of unrivalled atmosphere of remoteness and space near Savute Channel (Linyanti concession region)
- Type of Tour : Wildlife Safari
- Tour Duration : 08 Nights
- Ex-Destination : Maun
- Accommodation (Nights) : Camps – 08
- Food Plan : All Meals during the camp stay.
- Travel & Transport : Transfer and Game Drive on private basis
Arrive Maun Transfer to Kalahari Plains Camp
On arrival at Maun Airport and after clearing customs and immigration, you will be met and assisted by our representative to your light aircraft for your onward circuit air transfer to Kalahari Plains. Arrive and check in at Kalahari Plains Camp
Kalahari Plains Camp is set in a remote part of the diverse and productive Central Kalahari Game Reserve (CKGR) and offers some of the best summer wildlife viewing opportunities in Africa. Its star attractions include the legendary Kalahari black-maned lion as well as some of the world’s best cheetah viewing.[https://www.wilderness-safaris.com/camps/kalahari-plains-camp]
The Central Kalahari game Reserve (CKGR) is the largest, most remotely situated reserve in Southern Africa, and the second largest wildlife reserve in the world, encompassing 52 800 sq kms.
Rates include accommodation, all meals, twice daily scheduled camp activities, park fees, laundry and all local drinks.
Day 2 to 4 (3 nights)
Kalhari Plains Camp
Add Itinerary Description
Kalahari Plains - Maun Airport Maun Airport - Chitabe Lediba Camp
At a time to be advised by camp management, you will be transferred to the airstrip for your circuit light aircraft transfer from Kalahari Plains to Maun Airport, followed by arrival and check in at Chitabe Lediba Camp.
Day 5 to 6 (2 nights)
Chitabe Lediba Camp
Chitabe Lediba Camp in the Chitabe Concession neighbours the Moremi Game Reserve in the south-east of the Okavango Delta. Its wide range of habitats makes for amazing wildlife sightings.
The Okavango Delta is a very large, swampy inland delta formed where the Okavango River reaches a tectonic trough in the central part of the endorheic basin of the Kalahari. All the water reaching the delta is ultimately evaporated and transpired, and does not flow into any sea or ocean. The Moremi Game Reserve, a National Park, is on the eastern side of the Delta. The Delta was named as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of Africa, which were officially declare in 2013.
Rates include All meals, twice daily scheduled camp activities, park fees, laundry and all local drinks
Chitabe Lediba Camp - Savuti Camp
At a time to be advised by camp management, you will be transferred to the airstrip for your circuit light aircraft transfer from Chitabe Lediba Camp to Savuti Camp.
Day 7 to 8
Savuti Camp is situated in the private Linyanti Concession along the Savute Channel, famous as a sporadic and unusual watercourse.
This intimate camp’s en-suite accommodation is in seven large walk-in tents, including a family unit that is raised off the ground. From the camp’s thatched dining area, a small pool and large viewing area with fire deck extend outwards on raised wooden decks, providing a wonderful view of the Channel and its wildlife.
Linyanti Concession The 121 000-hectare (299 000-acre) private Linyanti Concession bordering Chobe National Park’s western boundary is an enormous, wildlife-rich area, shared between just four small camps which creates an unrivalled atmosphere of remoteness and space. There are three main features of the Linyanti Concession: the Linyanti River, the woodlands of the interior and the well-known Savute Channel, famous as a sporadic and unusual watercourse that is often dry but occasionally, inexplicably flows. The wildlife mix in and around the Channel thus also changes depending on the water levels. The Savute is described as ‘erratic’ – throughout its recorded history it has dried up several times, the reason for which is probably related to tectonic plate movement. With two thirds of the Channel located in the concession, Wilderness Safaris guests have private and exclusive access to its abundant game.
Savuti Camp to Maun Airport
Accommodation (Nights) : Camps – 08
- All accommodation on a shared basis;
- Meals as specified;
- Excursions and transfers as included in the quote;
- Most safari camps/lodges include two game activities per day in their rate – one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Private activities and guide may be booked, at an additional cost, for sole use or special interest activities. Please advise if you would like additional information on this service
- Services of the camp/lodge guides and staff;
- Relevant park fees and entrance fees as specified in the quote;
- Drinks as specified – drink inclusions may differ between camps/lodges;
- Laundry can be done at most camps/lodges and hotels. In some cases this is included in the rate as quoted;
- Air transfers as specified, including Departure Taxes as relevant on Wilderness Air in Botswana and Namibia;
- Accommodation taxes, the applicable Tourism Levies and all relevant Value Added Tax (VAT) or Government Sales Tax (GST).
- Meals not specified in the quote such as lunch and dinner in city hotels;
- Any drinks, park fees, entrance fees, porterage, tours/excursions and transfers not specified in the quote;
- Any scheduled commercial flights and related taxes;
- Cancellation, baggage and medical insurance;
- Staff gratuities;
- Any new Government Taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control;
- Visa fees where relevant. Should a visa payment be required, this will need to be made in US Dollar cash. Change is often not provided and thus the exact amounts payable is essential (with small denominations encouraged for easier and quicker transactions). Travellers Cheques and credit cards are not usually accepted for this purpose;
- Departure Taxes are excluded on all light aircraft transfers in Zambia and Zimbabwe. Applicable at manned airports only, these taxes are to be paid direct in cash on departure, unless included in your air ticket cost.
- Note that there may be stops en-route which may require changing aircraft and times for the shuttle transfer will only be determined on the day.
- The number of passengers carried on each leg of our circuit flights is dependent on aircraft used, time of year, passenger and luggage weights, routing, fuel required, etc.
- All taxes are subject to change without prior notice;
- Zambia Airport Departure Taxes: may be paid in US Dollars or Kwacha, the local currency. Kwacha amounts may vary depending on the rate of exchange on the day – the below are guidelines only. Note that credit cards and Travellers Cheques are not accepted forms of payment for this purpose.
- On International flights: Departure Tax – US$ 30.00 per person; Security Tax – US$ 5.00 per person; Airport Infrastructure and Development Tax – US$ 10.00 per person and a Passenger Safety Charge – US$ 10.00 per person.
- On Domestic flights: Departure Tax – US$ 8.00 per person; Security Tax – US$ 3.00 per person; Airport Infrastructure and Development Tax – US$ 5.00 per person and a Passenger Safety Charge – US$ 5.00 per person.
- Zimbabwe Airport Departure Taxes: paid in US Dollars only and in cash. Currently, and subject to change, these taxes are as follows:
- On International flights: Departure Tax – US$ 35.00 per person; Aviation Infrastructural Development Fund – US$ 15.00 per person.
- On Domestic flights: Departure Tax – US$ 10.00 per person; Aviation Infrastructural Development Fund – US$ 5.00 per person.
- Ex Kariba Airport specifically: Departure Tax – US$ 15.00 per person.