Adventures In Malabar
October – March
Kerala offers a unique combination of shimmering backwaters, bio-diversity hotspots, tropical forests, golden sand beaches, historic monuments, wildlife reserves & many more. In this tour, we visit Wayanad, fondly called the ‘green paradise’ tucked away in the mountains of the Western Ghats. It has large tracts of virgin forest lands, wildlife & blissful nature trails that will awaken your senses.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate Plus
Group Size Small Group
- Guided bird watching & Tea plantation trek.
- Jeep safaris in Nagarhole.
- Hiking, Cycling & Bamboo rafting in Wayanad.
- Type of Tour : Family Adventure
- Grade : Moderate+
- Tour Duration : 07 Nights
- Best Season : Oct. – Mar.
- Ex-Destination : Start – Mangalore; Ends – Kozhikode
- Accommodation (Nights) : Hotel – 07
- Food Plan : Coorg & Wayanad – Bed & Breakfast basis; Nagarhole – All meals included.
- Travel & Transport : Transfers & Sightseeing in small vehicles/coach as per group size.
- All transfers in a private AC vehicle as per the itinerary depending on the group size.
- Driver who will also act as tour guide.
- Wayanad Activities – All Entry & Permit Fees, Bikes/Helmets for Bike trails + Life jackets for rafting + First Aid Kit, English-speaking Guides & Water/Snacks.
- Coorg on Day 3 – Guided Bird watching, Plantation Trek with Lunch.
- Goods & Service Tax as applicable.
- Nagarhole – Jeep safaris
- Travel to Mangalore & back from Kozhikode.
- Meals not specified.
- Entry Fees at sightseeing areas not mentioned above.
- Camera fees.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, etc.
- Any kind of insurance such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
- Tips to hotel staff, drivers, guides, etc.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/change of the itinerary because of natural calamities, flight delays, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Countryside Adventure Holidays Pvt. Ltd.” and its associates.
- Items not specified in the above in “Cost Includes”.
We can customize a similar tour to suit your requirements or if you are an independent traveller you can check our Countryside Fixed Departures.
Arrive in Mangalore; Drive to Coorg (150 km; 4 hrs)
After arrival at Mangalore Airport and drive to Coorg. Upon arrival we check in to the hotel. Evening at leisure. Overnight stay at resort in Coorg.
Visit Dubare Elephant Camp (Elephant Ride & Coracle Ride optional) Tibetan Monastery & Cauvery Nisargadhama (Open Zoo). Explore local market & Kodagu cuisine. Visit the Abbey Falls & Omkareshwar Temple. Overnight stay at resort in Coorg.
Coorg - Full day trek with Bird Watching
Full day walking/trekking in plantations with lunch & bird watching enroute. Overnight stay at resort in Coorg.
Coorg - Nagarhole – Coorg
After breakfast, we drive to Nagarhole. Nagarhole (also known as Rajiv Gandhi National Park or Kabini) is one of the best parks in India for a safari experience. Afternoon Safari and drive back to Coorg. Dinner and overnight stay at a resort in Coorg.
Coorg- Wayanad (120 km; 4 hrs)
After breakfast, proceed to Wayanad which is an evergreen area renowned for its rainforest character, tea plantations, getaway resorts & salubrious climate all year round. Evening visit to Banasura Sagar Dam (18km). Overnight stay at resort in Wayanad.
Wayanad - Hiking / Biking & Bamboo Rafting
After a sumptuous breakfast, your day is reserved for a 6 hr programme. Spend a most enjoyable day hiking into forests, biking along scenic roads & do a bamboo rafting. Overnight stay at resort in Wayanad.
Full day Sightseeing in and around Wayanand visiting Soochipara Waterfalls, Edakkal Caves and Kuruvadweep Nature Reserve. Kuruvadweep (10 km from Mananthavady) is a fragile delta system on the Kabini River. The island of evergreen forest is uninhabited and home to a wide range of birds, orchids and herbs. The island surrounded by streams and river can be accessed using rafts or fiber boats run by Kerala Tourism. Overnight stay at resort in Wayanad.
Wayanad - Kozhikode (80 km; 1 hr 50 m)
From Wayanad drop at Kozhikode Airport for onward journey.
End of arrangements…
- Coorg – As per the package category in a hotel/resort on twin sharing basis; Bed & Breakfast basis.
- Wayanad – As per the package category in a hotel/resort on twin sharing basis; All meals included.